Chapter 21

"Y-You guys are?" Hyunjin is caught off-guard.

Han nods.

"That fast?"

She nods again for the second time.

The boy goes speechless, not knowing what to comment on the sudden revelation. His mouth is still slightly ajar, not believing what she has just said.

It's true that it doesn't make sense, but Han knows that having feelings for someone else when she's destined to be with Jisung is just not right. And perhaps lying for the better good is something that she just had to do.

"I-I'm sorry, I should've admitted earlier." Han ruffles his hair, avoiding the male's eyes. "You're not disappointed, are you? I mean, we barely know each other, so I might not mean so much to you anyway." She says, feeling hurt after hearing her own words.

"What if I am hurt?"

Han looks up in surprise, finding the boy frowning.

"But...why?" She could understand if it were the Hyunjin that she had previously met in the time loop, but in the present time, they've only met once and barely talked to each other.

She may know why he's feeling this way, but she needs further confirmation.

"Why?" Hyunjin sighs. "I...can't exactly tell you that."

The girl purses her lips together, before flinching when the staff by the counter calls Hyunjin's name.

"My order's done." He gets up with an apologetic smile, "I need to get going. It's nice seeing you again."

"Same here." She replies, but a huge lump seems to appear in her throat while saying that. Hyunjin smiles softly at her before leaving, "I'll text you tonight."

They both finally bid goodbye to each other, while Han stays at her spot, waiting for her other best friend to come. She sighs and buries her face in between her folded arms on the desk, her head wanting to explode any time soon.

Just before she could lose her mind, the waited person finally arrived, happily taking the seat in front of her. "Hey mate! It's been a while."

Han looks up and grins at Chan, "Hey. What excuse did you use this time?"

Chan chuckles in sarcasm and looks up the menu, "Hm. Let's just say, I was being honest this time."

She blinks multiple times, not knowing if he told her the truth or was just bluffing. "Does that psycho girl of yours really let you hang out...with me?"

"I was kinda firm about it." Chan smiles sadly at her, "Since you didn't look okay. Well, I could be wrong, but that was what I deduce from our chat."

He still cares. Han unconsciously smiles. Maybe she hasn't lost her best friend yet.

"So, I'm pretty sure you've got some stuff to discuss." Chan gives his order to the waitress before directing his gaze back to his friend, "I'm not entirely good at giving advice, but I'll try to help when I can."

Han chooses her words carefully without exposing the entire timeloop problem. Upon hearing her conflict, Chan intensely watches and hears her, nodding at every single word that she says.

"And the fact that I lied to the guy I like is just..." Han sighs, "I don't know. I was being a jerk to both Hyunjin and Jisung. They're both, perhaps, equally hurt. But hurting my soulmate is unforgivable."

Chan slowly nods in understanding and follows her sighing. "I get what you mean. You're trying to please both sides, though it sounds ridiculous." But his mood suddenly changes when he gives her a smirk, "However, did you know that soulmates do not necessarily mean your destined lover?"

Han's ears perk up upon his words. "You mean...?"

Her friend chuckles mischievously as his food comes, "Soulmates as lovers...It's a very cliché concept. It is normal for people to think that meeting someone who is extremely similar to you, who understands you well, does things the way you do in life, definitely has to be your lover. But the truth is, it doesn't have to be that way, Hannah."

Han's expression changes; her eyes aren't looking as dark as before, her mind not feeling as depressed.

"Sure, you have a special emotional connection with your soulmate, and feel like your colourful days pass real quick. Yet, I think you should keep in mind that soulmates aren't all about romantic feelings." Chan says, taking a sip of his drink, "A soulmate can be your life partner, but there is no rule where a soulmate has to be your life partner."

After listening to Chan's point of view, Han feels a bunch of feelings rushing into her. Is it a feeling of happiness? Relief? Or sadness? She couldn't tell, but she learned something huge from her friend, and that is what matters the most for now.

"Did I open your eyes?" Chan winks.

Han laughs at him and nods eagerly, "Definitely. I knew I looked for the right person."

"Well, I did sense something huge was up, so I just had to see you." He shrugged in a matter-of-fact tone, "Thank God my girlfriend wasn't as moody today."

"Oh right." Han starts, "Jokes aside, how did you get her to let you go?"

"I told you she wasn't moody."

Han rolls her eyes, "You expect me to believe that? Moody or not, that psycho is very possessive that makes me doubt you. Like, highly, doubt you."

Chan lets out a dry chuckle, "Well, now that I've given you my opinion about your problem, I guess it's only fair if you return the favour."

Her eyes glimmer into hope, wishing that they're on the same page. "I'm always willing to share my point of view regarding that psycho. What were you thinking of, Chris?"

"I'm thinking of breaking up with her."

"Finally."

----------

Author's Note: AHHH I HAVEN'T UPDATED IN A WHILE OMG I'M SO SORRY

Apparently there were so much going on in life (my friend is getting toxic this lately and I'm still trying to do something about it...), but it's okay guys, I'm doing better now ><

For not updating weekly, ofc, I'll give u guys a second update as usual XD Another chapter coming up soon! Look forward to it!

Also, what did you guys think about the idea of soulmates? Do you agree with Chan's point of view? People's opinion regarding this may differ, but apparently, what Chan believes in, is also what I believe in :O What about you guys?