End

"H-Hey." Han calls Hyunjin immediately after she finishes her call with Jisung, not even waiting for him to message her as what he has promised before in the café.

The male seems surprised at the sudden call, and takes his time to compose himself before replying from the other line, "You called..."

"Yeah." She clears her throat, for some reason, feeling 10 times even more nervous than usual. "I've...got something to tell you. But I was wondering if we can meet somewhere?"

"At this time?"

"Do you mind?"

"I don't. But it's not safe for you to leave your house this late."

Her heart skips a beat upon hearing his words. It's not the first time he has shown his caring side to her, yet she still couldn't get used to it—in a good way.

"Sis?"

Han jerks her head towards the door and finds Felix peeking through with a sneaky smile on his face, "I'm gonna stay over at my friend's tonight."

"So sudden?!" She raises her brows and whispers to Hyunjin that she'll be holding the call. The older one walks towards the boy and examines his outdoor wear, one of his arms carrying a medium-sized bag. "Why didn't you notify me beforehand?"

"You were out the whole day sis..." Felix sighs, "And as soon as you get home, you locked yourself away. I wanted to inform you earlier, but you seemed to be having a serious conversation with whoever that is on your phone."

"Then again, it is a sudden sleepover anyway. We planned it just this afternoon so I can't blame you either." Her younger brother shrugs his shoulders, "But now you know."

"How are you gonna get there though? Public transport is probably no longer available at this hour." She looks at the clock, showing 9 P.M. Felix smirks at her, patting her shoulder twice, "Don't worry. He's picking me up."

Han flashes him a worried look but sends him off to the door anyway. "Have fun. I hope you won't do anything stupid."

"Why would I be?" Felix rolls his eyes and bids goodbye to his sister. Han goes back to her room and resumes her call with Hyunjin, "Sorry, I was sending my brother off. He suddenly has to go to someone else's house for a sleepover."

"Don't worry about it." He replies in a soft voice. "So, where do you want to meet?"

Oh right. Han bites her lips, groaning while she stares at the continuously ticking clock. Should she just talk about it some other time? But she feels highly determined today for some reason—maybe because of her soulmate's encouragement earlier in the phone call.

"Hanseol?"

"S-Sorry, I was thinking." She apologises, "I honestly have no idea..."

"We can just talk about it some other time if it's not urgent."

"But it is an important matter." Han emphasizes, and she swears she may have heard a faint gasp from the other line. Before she could hear Hyunjin's reply, a light bulb appears in her mind.

"What about my apartment? My brother has just left, so we have the right space to talk about it." She says, highlighting the privacy that they both have.

"Y-Y-YOUR APARTMENT?"

Han flinches at his shrieking from the other line, also, doesn't understand why he'd react such a way. "What's the matter?"

"I—Uhh—"

"Hm?"

She hears him sigh.