Chapter 14

The three leave the place, with Han looking extremely pale and tired. Seungmin frowns, feeling guilty that he chose this café out of anywhere else. He planned to make sure the hangout go well between Han and Hyunjin.

Having dogs surrounding his friend would decrease the chances of conflicts, plus, also reveal his true nature. But it didn't fully turn out well in the end, which makes him disappointed of himself.

"Would you like some medicine? I can get some for you." Seungmin offers, but Han gratefully declines and smiles, "It's okay. I've got prescribed ones at home, and my allergy would die down as long as I'm away from those dogs."

Hyunjin and Seungmin sigh in relief.

"Let's take you home then." Hyunjin says, "Give me the address and so you won't need to navigate."

Han is surprised at Hyunjin's actions; the fact that he's being caring and considerate is slowly creeping her out, even though it is a good thing.

Then again, she remembers the chat they had. After observing, as well as listening to stories, Han could tell that Hyunjin is actually a really nice person, often getting misunderstood due to drama surrounding his life.

But having such visuals...well, no wonder he has stalkers everywhere, and he'd get irritated by them which leads to his feelings of dislike towards new people, especially girls.

"I'm leaving it to you, Hyun." Seungmin speaks up, showing a smug that makes the two people embarrassed. "Take care guys, and get well soon Han!"

"Thank you." She replies, and the boy walks in the opposite direction. Hyunjin takes out his phone and opens up the map, still unaware that he's gripping on Han's arm.

"So? Where do you live?"

Han provides the address, and it takes about 20 minutes to walk.

"Alright, let's go." Hyunjin gently guides her, while she feels her face heating up. The sudden silence from the female questions the boy—just then, he realizes that he has been holding her arm for quite a while.

"I-I'm sorry! It's nothing like that!" He instantly releases his grip, making Han laugh, "You said something similar earlier in the museum. I thought I said I understood?"

Feeling somehow challenged, Hyunjin puffs his cheeks in annoyance, but mutters, "Well... that's good then."

Han blinks upon his sentence. Is he thinking what she is thinking? Han has to admit that she develops some kind of attraction towards Hyunjin after getting to know him better.

And if she doesn't get it wrong, it seems like Hyunjin is showing something similar too.

This is bad. She thought, and sneezes again even though she's no longer around dogs.

As Han grabs a tissue, she suddenly feels a hand gripping on her shoulder. Hyunjin pulls her closer to him gently, but he avoids her gaze while watching the roads in front of him.

"Um...?"

"For extra measures." He states rather robotically, "I don't want you to go through those stupid sneezing sessions again. Who knows what's gonna happen anyway—"

"Ha?" Han furrows her brows, then blows her nose. "What do you mean? I'm just fine honestly."

"Y-You might collapse." Hyunjin looks at her, an expression of worried mixed with frustration is written all over him. Han secretly awes at his concern; she definitely did not expect him to care for her like that.

Getting to know Hyunjin deeper really does change the way she sees him—and she felt bad for disliking him in the past. I guess I'm not as matured as I thought I am. 

"I won't, don't worry." She grins, "You don't have to be extremely cautious."

Hyunjin stares at her for a moment and looks away. Surprisingly though, still keeping his arm on her shoulders, letting her stay on his side.

Not that Han's complaining though; in fact, she likes it. She feels warm and protected. 

Hyunjin's face looks redder than usual too, and it's really driving Han crazy. She can't help but fangirl over Hyunjin getting embarrassed.

"Um, Hyunjin?"

"Hm?"

The two look at each other until Han decides to spill the question that Hyunjin absolutely dislikes.

"Do you believe in soulmates?"

Hyunjin's face turns bitter. He gives her a look of distress and sighs, "Why soulmates though? I barely think about having a partner, so the idea of soulmates somehow seems irrelevant to me."

Han internally goes on sad mode. If he doesn't like that idea then, how is she gonna tell him that his soulmate is literally the one he has been embracing?

"Ah, is that so." She awkwardly chuckles to ease the bitterness in him. Hyunjin seems to pick up her response rather sharply, and turns to frown at her. "I'm sorry, did I offend you?"

"N-No! You didn't, ahahah..." She scratches her nape, nearly dripping herself in sweat because of his response. If Hyunjin doesn't even think about soulmates then...what's gonna happen if Han were to reveal all the things she had been through?

Will time start repeating again? Will all her effort become wasted in the end?

"You're hiding something from me." Hyunjin snaps her out of her thoughts. "It's okay. I'm willing to listen, Hanseol."

Han feels her heartbeat when she hears him call her name. The feeling of happiness, yet fear. Telling him is risking everything; he either would accept and they proceed to have such a happy ending, or he doesn't take it well and things will start to crumble again.

She takes a deep breath and shows him a sad smile. "I have a bunch of things to tell you, Hyunjin. But let's talk at the park near my apartment, shall we?" 

----------------

Author's Note: HELLO EVERYONE LONG TIME NO SEE!

Apparently I have been busy with university for the past 2-3 weeks (lots of deadlines...I was legit in hell and wanted to die). I did say that I was gonna update soon (in the previous chapter),  but I didn't have time to proofread, so I ended up not posting anything... TT

I usually update once per week so... IM SORRY FOR BEING INACTIVE FOR 2 WEEKS

As an apology, I'll update another chapter in a few minutes! ^^