Chapter 8

Han gets out of her bed much earlier before her young brother could wake her up with his repeatable dialogue. Felix is of course, shook to see Han preparing his lunchbox with everything that he wants.

"It's a surprise that you wake up this early, sis." He peeks over her shoulders, "How did you know that I need a bento with...extra vitamin C?!"

"I'm just smart." Han, feeling already worn out for having to repeat the same events all the time, replies with no energy as she focuses on packing up his food. Felix giggles at her remark and massages her shoulders lightly. "Even if you're smart, that doesn't mean you can predict the future."

"Oh heck yes I can." Han shoos him away, "Don't you need to get ready? I thought you want to look good for someone today."

Felix's mouth hangs open upon her sentence, as his index finger points at her in a slow-motion, "H-How did y-you...?"

"I told you I'm smart. Now go." Han can't bother about it further and gives him a light push as he slowly walks away from the kitchen, still, with his mouth hanging. Well, Han would probably react the same if their roles were reversed, so she can't blame him.

Just like how the routine usually goes, Felix wears his Converses and leaves the apartment, though, engaging no conversation with his sister thanks to the latter who keeps on rushing the boy to school.

Han then grabs her phone and messages Jungkook first before he could.

Lee Hanseol
JEKEHEYYY
I ain't coming to class today

Lee Hanseol
And do you mind explaining
a bit more about soulmates?

Lee Hanseol
I'm not a believer but ur ideas
could explain why I'm trapped in
a time loop, tho I'm not sure

Jeon Jungkook
ur skipping class? so will i then

Jeon Jungkook
soulmates? that's random n r u clowning
me rn? trapped in a time loop?

Lee Hanseol
Jeon Jungkook. I'm being serious
right now

Jeon Jungkook
idk y ur drunk in the morning but ok

Jeon Jungkook
so ur asking about soulmate au?

Lee Hanseol
Ya

Jeon Jungkook
in terms of time? i guess i read somewhere
in wattpad that one could be trapped in a
time loop if one has been in the same place
and time as one's soulmate

Jeon Jungkook
i mean, those r some fantasy shit
but i hope it helps?

Lee Hanseol
OOF
Thanks a lot, that's a
very huge help

Han locks her phone after the small chat and begins writing some ideas in her small notebook.

Given that I've been having Jungkook, Felix, as well as Chan, present in my life for quite a while makes me conclude that they aren't the people causing the time loop. She starts thinking about stuff rather thoroughly. And the fact that my day starts repeating on the day I went to the art exhibition gives me a hint.

"There's something wrong with Hyunjin." She mutters to herself, "Or Seungmin, but I barely interacted with him so maybe not."

Thanks to Jungkook, the girl has gotten some leads in the current situation. Though she, once again, is not the type of person to believe in soulmates and their existences, Jungkook's chit chat 2 days ago made her question her beliefs.

But Hyunjin as a soulmate? This is stressful.

Lee Hanseol
Btw, what happens if
I've met my soulmate?

Lee Hanseol
Shouldn't the time stop
repeating? Or is there
something else I need to do?

Jeon Jungkook
u ask weird questions han
but no, usually it'll be fine
after meeting ur soulmate

Han raises her brows at the text. If she has met Hyunjin and interacted with him, then why is she still trapped?

.

.

.

Han positions herself in front of the sculpture as she waits for Hyunjin to photobomb as usual, at the exact time.

The two boys are found walking closer to the sculpture, and Han sighs as soon as she notices them, wearing the exact same high school uniform as usual.

Before Hyunjin could start taking pictures however, Han quickly grabs one of his hands, stopping his motion. He stares back at the girl with a questioning look but doesn't shake his hand away from her grip.

"Sorry, can I talk to you for a bit?" Han asks, and she could feel Seungmin watching the two of us weirdly. Hyunjin peeks over to glance at his friend, who is mouthing something that is unreadable for Han.

Hyunjin then uses his other hand to let go of her grip softly, "Sorry, but I don't talk to strangers."

"I'm not a stranger, Hyunjin."

The boy's eyes enlarge as the sentence that the girl has just said, basically resembles a doom flag to him. He gulps nervously as he asks the question with full caution, "How...did you know my name?"

"Because...I'm your soulmate?" Han's still questioning herself as well, but tries to be as straightforward as possible, wanting him to cooperate with her to figure this whole situation out.

But it seems like her tactics had a reversed effect. Instead of getting the boy on the same boat as hers, Hyunjin makes huge steps away from her and stays behind Seungmin, gripping his friend's shoulder's tightly.

"This is the worst I've ever seen." Hyunjin whispers, but loud enough for Han to hear.

"Same here." Seungmin eyes at the girl too, who is now giving an offended look to them. What do you mean the worst?!

"Hyunjin, I'm being serious." Han bites her lips, trying not to lose her slowly crumbling composure. It makes the boy hide even more from her, his body trembling in fear. "H-How does she know my name?!"

"Could she be one of your stalkers from our school...?" His friend replies, but Hyunjin shakes his head in denial. "No no. She doesn't even look like our age."

Han sighs and walks closer to the both of them, in which Seungmin spreads his arms wide to protect his bro. "Please keep your distance." He sternly warns her, which makes the poor girl give up on her attempt.

"Alright." She distances herself away from them, giving them another glance before leaving the area to avoid catching other people's attention. The straightforward option is not the key to get Hyunjin to cooperate—but how else?

-------------

Author's Note: Heeyeyeyeye long time no see ppl! I hope you're all well! :D

Uni is starting next week alsjdfhasdklfh kill me pls