Chapter 20

A few days have passed, and Han has gotten used to hanging out with Jisung. The boy is apparently 3 years younger than she is; not that she minds though. His youth and energy bring her joy whenever her university decides to be cruel and torture her with assignments.

"It's really nice to have a best friend, huh..." Jungkook spins his pen, boringly stares at the screen in front of him. "You look livelier these days."

"Well, this best friend is a little bit different than you think." Han chuckles silently. Both Jisung and her have decided not to tell anyone about the soulmate tragedy to avoid complications. Except for their own family members.

And though they do, become the best of friends, Han still finds it awkward at some point; she has no romantic feelings for him yet.

She sees him more as a friend who is similar to her, and understands her very well. They get along well real quick, but there is someone else in her mind.

I wonder how Hyunjin is doing? Han sighs at the thought; the person that she can't seem to forget even after things have returned normal. She hasn't met Hyunjin since that day, and of course, she doesn't ask Jisung anything about him—she knows Jisung would be deeply hurt.

As happy as she is to meet her soulmate, she still can't shake off this weird feeling about Hyunjin.

Han takes out her phone and goes to text her ex-best friend after thinking it over.

Lee Hanseol

Chan. I need some advice.

Can we talk about it tonight?

"No texting in class." Jungkook pokes her ribs that make her flinch. She glares at him while he laughs at her reaction, "Whoa, scary."

"Of course. This is an important matter." She says and locks her phone after sending the message, hoping that Chan will reply to her soon.

.

.

.

"J-Jisung?" Han blinks when she sees him standing in front of the bus stop...AGAIN. He lives quite far away, and he decides to come pick her up again today, for some unknown reason.

"Hey!" He cheerfully greets her.

"But it's late..." Han stares at her watch, showing 6 pm. Yes, her class finishes late today, so she doesn't expect Jisung to come and visit her. "You don't have to come and see me every day, you know." She gives him a guilty smile, "There should be times where I come and see you too."

"No. Let the man do the job." Jisung proudly grins, but Han ruffles his hair lightly. "You don't seem like a man to me yet, though."

"W-WHA—"

Han laughs uncontrollably at his reaction—a mixture of embarrassment and anger. What can she do about it though? She's older than him, plus, is also as tall as her soulmate. It's hard for her to see Jisung as a man, for now. The way he acts also emits more of a best friend aura.

"Thank you though. That's very nice of you. I hope I can visit your school one day." Han giggles.

Jisung puffs his cheeks in annoyance, giving her that tsundere boy look.

"Are you mad?"

He doesn't reply, but keeps his annoyed expression on.

Han laughs again, but this time, she goes and slaps his arm lightly, "Let's go get cheesecakes. My treat."