Chapter 8: Walking

I woke up this morning scared and confused. I threw my clothes on and grabbed my backpack and left. I decided to walk to school today. I wanted to be left alone. I didn't want to be talked to. I didn't walk to interact with anyone.

I didn't know what was going on but I was scared. I moved from one place to another without moving at all. If I wanted to go somewhere, my body just appeared there.

I was walking for half an hour when I passed Jake's street. He was standing there and waiting for something. Then he saw me. He looked for cars and crossed the street to join me. We walked side by side for a few minutes in complete silence, just thinking.

"Are you ok?" He finally asked breaking the silence

"I, I don't know," I mumbled timidly

He sighed, not knowing what to say.

"I mean one minute I could be here and the next minute I could be there," I explained as I pointed a few yards in front of us.

Next thing I knew I was standing at the exact place I was pointing at. Jake looked up amazed but scared, scared for our safety. He planted his foot and he was a blur. Within a second he was right by my side. It was supernatural.

I stopped walking and looked up at him.

"Jake, what is happening to us."

"I don't know," He said hugging me "I really don't."