Chapter 25: Jumping Over Hurdles

Sarah went after Jared, Oliver went for Gideon, Malina went after Veronica, and Jake helped me by going after Adam while I took care of Sarina.

Jake was a blur as he fought Adam. Eventually, Jake got a hold of Adam. Jake had him pinned down.

I directed my eyes towards Sarina. She got up and began to run towards me. The expression she wore on her face was outrage. Sarina's steady pace became faster. Sarina leaped into the air as she disappeared. She appeared behind me but I was already prepared for her attack.

I spun around and jumped into the air. My foot slammed into her face and she went fly down. Sarina rose into the air. I ran at her and leaped. Jake's super speed kicked in. I built up the speed and leaped into the air. When I made it to Sarina I grabbed her shoulders as I pushed her down as I fell. Sarina landed on her back and I fell to the ground. She was up within a second. Sarina punched me in the face and threw me across the valley. Her fist was cold and hard and my jaw felt numb.

Sarina got up and rushed towards me. I tried to get up but I couldn't move a muscle. The smell of blood filled my nose. A slow stream of blood flowing from the top of my head and from my mouth. Sarina put her hand out and her powers lifted me up. Her hand followed me higher up as she got closer to me. My neck felt tight as if she was right there holding it.

Sarah ran and lunged at Sarina. Sarina's concentration was broken. I began to fall as I opened a portal below my feet. I appeared next to Oliver who was struggling with Gideon. I touched Oliver's hand and suddenly I became invisible.

Gideon had the manipulation power but if he couldn't see me then he couldn't manipulate me. Gideon swung his arms in hopes of finding me. I ran towards Gideon, dodging his movements. I grabbed his hand. He looked surprised as his hand lifted into the air uncontrollably. Gideons power went straight to my hands.

I began to reappear as I pushed gideon up against the cliff side. His powers ran through me as I used them to make him pass out into a deadly sleep.

I looked over by the tree and noticed that Jared was laying against the trunk unconscious. I teleported over to him and put a manipulation spell on him, sending into a deadly sleep like Gideon.

I heard Malina as she struggled to defeat Victoria. As I teleported to Malina I grabbed her hand. I could hear her thoughts and Oliver's thoughts, but most importantly, I could read Victoria's thought's. I knew what she was going to do before she did it. With all of my powers, Victoria was a piece of cake.

"Spin and kick" thought Victoria

She spun in the air and attempted her move. I caught her leg and pushed her down. I kicked victoria to the ground and teleported her to where her other teammates had passed.

Using my powers, I put her into a deadly sleep like I did for the others. Before I left I grabbed her hand and absorbed her powers, shape shifting. I felt them flow through my blood.

I looked across the valley at Sarah and Jake who were battling Sarina. She was the last one left. I ran at Sarina but she bolted away.

"Where is she going? Is she running away?" I thought

Then I noticed what her intentions were. She wanted to kill Mr. Brooks who was unconscious from a previous attack.

Sarina held Mr. Brooks up into the air and choked him. She smiled evilly and laughed at my fear for Mr. Brooks, who was struggling as he regained consciousness.

I felt something click in my brain. It made me lose control. Suddenly, fire sparked up in both of my hands. It was hot and intimidating but the pain... there was none... only lust.

Sarina, for the first time, looked worried. I shot the fire at her as she released Mr Brooks. I threw another flame at her but she dogged it. The fire went out and my hands went cold. Sarina smiled sinisterly as she ran towards me.

Sarina was about a few yards in front of me when ice shot out of my hands and directly into her heart. She fell to the ground and screamed in agony. She began to cry. I stared her down intimidatingly. My gaze was cold and hateful. Suddenly Sarina grabbed the ice shard and pulled it out of her chest. Her cries became harder and her screams were louder as the shard slid out of her chest.

I began to run at her but Jake got in front of me and held me back.

"What are you doing! She's weak!" I exclaimed

"She's not weak enough and we aren't strong enough."

The wound began to heal and had disappeared completely as Sarina got up and teleported across the valley to her teammates.

"Let me go!" I screamed as I kicked Jake off of me

Jake went flying across the valley. My emotions got the best of me.

I turned to look at Sarina. She turned around and looked me in the eyes with a deadly stare as she threw the ice shard to the ground and teleported out of the valley and away from us.