Adopted. Me?

It's been 2 years since that incident. I'm 6 years old now.

And an orphan.

My parents were killed during that incident. Distant family came in and took over the company and found me to be an inconvenience. So they sent me to an orphanage and took me off the family register. Now I'm Yuki the orphan. Not that I mind so much.

The people here are kind and the other kids are friendly. I've been learning what it's like to be a kid. They know I can't really run around for long yet still include me as the referee for active games.

My life isn't bad but there is a part of me that feels a longing to be adopted. Hopefully by a regular family. Maybe then I can act spoiled and be doted on. I've always wondered what that warm family feeling was like?

"Hey Yuki we're gonna go play tag outside. Wanna come?" One of the boys asked me as the kids started to leave the living room. Feeling a little more weak than usual I shook my head and smiled "no it's ok I'm gonna stay behind and clean up. Go play". Nodding he left and I looked back at the wreckage. We just did a mini movie marathon so there were pillows and blankets spread out on the floor.

Getting to work I didn't notice the door opening. "Ah here is one of our young ones now! Yuki come here~"

I jumped up and turned around. There standing was one of the caretakers Jenny and what looks like a couple. I shuffled to her and clung on to her skirt peeking at them. "Oooo she's so cute!" The woman said smiling at me. Are they here to adopt?

"This here is Yuki she's been with us for 2 years" she tried to bring me more forward but I still wouldn't let go of her skirt "As you can see she's a little shy". They chuckled and the man glanced at Jenny "well she definitely meets what we're looking for." "Shall we set a room up for you guys?" Jenny asked and they nodded.

Is this really happening?!?

~~

"Hi Yuki I'm Mitsuki Bakugou and he's my husband Masuru Bakugou" the blonde woman with red eyes gestured to her and the man with brown hair and brown eyes next to her. "Ah hi..." I bowed shyly.

We were sat in a room with a friendly atmosphere. People sit here with kids to kinda have a feel on whether their a good fit for each other. I'm still in a daze that this is happening to me. They are looking at me with warm eyes and smiling faces. It feels...nice.

"So Yuki tell us about yourself. We'd like to get to know you better" I nodded and played with my hands. How much should I say? "I'm 6 years old" they exclaimed "wow really do you attend school?" Sighing I shook my head "no their no fun". Their faces became confused "how come?" Looking them in the eyes I told the truth "their not challenging enough". Their eyes widened in surprise when Jenny who was standing nearby interjected.

"Yuki here is a bit of a genius" she smiled gently and patted me on the head. I jumped up "Miss!" Eyes wide I didn't want her to continue. A lot of adoption interviews went bad when they heard about all of this and my weak constitution. She chuckled thinking I was just being shy and hugged me "poor thing. She's weaker than most so she doesn't run around yelling like most kids."

I covered my face. Great their gonna end it now. "Oh really? Well that's ok she's plenty special still" I heard the woman, Mitsuki say. Huh? She isn't backing out? I peeked to them and saw them smiling "Having such a high IQ at a young age. Wow you're amazing Yuki" Masuru said. My eyes watered and I turned towards them more, "really?". They smiled and nodded.

A warm feeling spread inside me and I surprised them all by jumping into Mitsuki's arms and hugging her. "Thank you" I whispered smiling. She patted my back and through a reflection I saw Miss Jenny nodding to something they were signaling to her.

After that we sat there the rest of the evening discussing me and them. I told them my likes and dislikes, stories from the orphanage, dreams I have, and things I find interesting. They told me about their home, their intrest, and their son!

Katsuki Bakugou. Supposedly he has a hmm explosive attitude but he's a good boy, well according to Mitsuki. "Just give it some time and I bet he'll be the BEST big brother to you" Masuru patted my head. "Huh? Big brother...to me?" Eyes wide I tilted my head. Their faces melted and they gushed "ahhh I was gonna wait a little longer but your just too cute!"

She hugged me "we've decided to adopt you. You're exactly who we were searching for" she gushes even more. Masuru smiles at me gently "that is if you want to?" Looking back and forth between them the warm feeling from earlier grows even more and my face lights up "yes! I would like that very much!"