Like Like

"So wanna go play in the backyard? There's a swing" Samuel asked me gesturing to the back of the house. I smiled "sounds fun! Let's go". He took my hand and led me out through the crowds of adults socializing.

When we reached outside I immediately caught sight of the swing attached to the only tree in the backyard. "You go first I'll push" he offered. I happily accepted and sat on the swing letting him softly push me.

"Sorry about my brother earlier...he can be just a bit protective " I apologize. He shrugs "yeah I know already. Plus he made a pretty good point about misunderstanding that only Hikaru and Yuto are your friends. You do only really hang out with them outside of class".

I glance back at him "well their the only ones who've invited me out places." Tilting my head I smile at him "did you want to play with us afterschool? " He frowned "as if they'd let anyone join you". Huh? He coughed "anyways did you finish the book we were assigned this week yet?" I perked up "yes I did actually. I'm glad we got a fictional book this time. Did you finish it?" He smirked "of course I did. And I agree with you. Reading non fiction all the time can get a bit boring." By now I had turned around fully and stopped swinging.

"I heard we're gonna get one of the top pro heroes as our teacher for our quirk courses" he brought up. I looked down at my shoe "oh cool". "What's wrong?"

Shrugging I sighed "it's just...my quirk is still pretty new to me. Like look! Just because I started feeling anxious those rocks started to float." He looked at where I was pointing and there was a small cluster of small rocks floating a small distance above the ground. "Well luckily that's what the classes are there to help us with. Even me I'm not used to my quirk still. If I get angry or embarrassed, little clouds of fluff start coming out of me" I giggled at the image and he joined in.

"Sumi your pretty fun to hang out with" he said shyly. I smile nodding back "your pretty fun too!" "You're also smart and pretty and well" he toed the ground but I notice little things of fluff floating off him "I think I like like-" "SUMI"

We turn and there is Nii fiercely coming towards us. I glance back at Samuel who looks annoyed and the fluff coming out of him is less than before but look slightly red now. "Hi Nii did you escape from mom?" I hop off the swing and intercept him hoping he doesn't make a scene.

He glares at Samuel but slowly brings his attention back to me, his eyes softening. "Yeah Dad got here and I forced him in my place. But he looks tired from work so come with me so you can wake him up" I nodded and went to Nii's outstretched hand. Ah! I turned back to Samuel whose fluffs were getting more red "hey Sam what were you gonna say just then?"

His face turned a slight link from the new nickname and the fluff came out faster and less red "N-nothing go on ahead I'll come in later". I tilt my head unsure but just accept it before leaving with Nii.

"What were you guys talking about?" He asks. I smile and shrug "school mostly how about you?" His face reddened and he frowned "next time mom says anything about introducing me to a girl you better step in and throw a tantrum". Confused I try to learn more but he brushes me off.

Oh well I'm sure I'll understand his meaning more one day.

_____________________________________

I'm SO sorry for not updating lately. I've had lots of events happening in my life lately that have kept me from updating but of course I had to update on Christmas!

I hope you all are having a great time celebrating the holidays.