Party Time

"Do we have to go?" I sent mom the biggest puppy dog eyes I could. She hesitated at the sight of my pouting face for a moment before shaking herself out of it "yes we have to go. The whole neighborhood will be attending the party. If we don't show our faces it'll look bad."

"Just because that smelly old man is turning 100 doesn't mean the whole neighborhood should celebrate " Nii joined us at the front door complaining.  "Hey! Don't call him old and smelly when we're there. Plus he's turning like 90 something I think?" Mom flicked Nii on the forehead then muttered to herself while checking over our appearances.

"Your father has to work late tonight so he'll be joining us later. Mr.Nakamura is a very respected man in this neighborhood" Nii scoffed "yeah cause he's ol-" mom smashed his head down and continued to ramble on about being well behaved.

Is this...child abuse?

◇♧◇♧◇♧

Since his house is only two doors down it didnt take us long to get there and ring the bell. Already you could hear the sound of people talking and playing inside. "Ah! My favorite neighbors" Karen the woman who lives to the left of our house called out with a fake smile when she opened the door. Mom's eye twitched before she put on a smile "yes we've arrived. You remember my children, Katsuki and Katsumi." She rushed us foward leaving me dizzy. "Haha yes how could I not remember such a happy loud family " Karen remarked.

Me and Nii looked at each other awkwardly not sure if we should just walk in or risk mom injuring us for leaving her here when suddenly a voice called out from behind Karen "Auntie let them in or close the door already".

She turned laughing "O Hohohoho your right. Sorry I seemed to have kept you outside too long". Nii opened his mouth to say something when I grabbed his sleeve and shook my head. We can't start something and make the neighborhood start gossiping. It'll stress mom. Plus I'm curious, I didn't know Karen had a nephew?

I peeked around her and saw a familiar face playing on their DS. "Samuel?" I called out to him. He looks up quickly and spots me "Sumi?" Getting closer to him I spot the tips of his ears peeking through his hair turning red yet he stood waiting for me with a poker face. "So you live in this neighborhood too?" I questioned him smiling. He shook his head "no I'm just here since my parents left me with my Aunt for the weekend so they could have 'alone time' ". I nodded and looked away. My parents before I became a Bakugou left me alone often under the staff's supervision. Now I'm left with Nii every once in awhile. Alone time must be an adults favorite past time.

Looking around I saw lots of adults just standing and talking so I turned to him shyly  "well since your here do you wanna maybe...play?" He opened his mouth to answer when suddenly I felt someone behind me "tch Sumi who's this squirt?"

I sent Samuel an apologetic face and turned around "Nii don't be mean. He's a friend of mine". "Eh! I thought you were only friends with those two annoying brats that follow you all the time" his face grew annoyed as he thought about it. AAHH this is so embarrassing!

I snuck a glance at Samuel who looked annoyed. uWu I swear I told Nii I was friends with everyone before! Covering my red face I tried to control my emotions before giving Nii a little push "Go away meanie your making my friend mad".

His face turned to one of shock and he slowly brought his hand to where I pushed him. "Y-you! Are you in a rebellious phase? Was it him that made you like this?!?" He sent Samuel a death glare. Noooo I like Samuel he makes cute fluffy stuff! Don't scare him away uWu.

I was about to voice my objections when mom was now suddenly behind Nii. "Katsuki leave your sister alone and come with me. Sandra brought her niece and I want her as my future daughter in law" Nii started to argue back but she just dragged him away.

Nice one mom!