things like this are always hard

requested by @laelasprouse thank you so much for your request. I hope you'll like this although it's weird how it turned out oops.

________________________________

Lili is 4 months pregnant in this, they already have a 4 year old daughter.

[Lili's POV]

I woke up to a fit of laughter and little giggles. I smiled a little but tried to drift back into sleep.

„Mommy, Mommy!" Sophie said happily.

„Shh, love, Mommy's sleeping." Cole whispers to our little girl.

I slowly turn around and immediately locked eyes with my sweetheart. She smiled and jumped into my arms.

„Daddy was tickling me." she said giggling. „You have to help me."

„And what if I tickle you too?" I said starting to tickle her as well, she couldn't stop laughing. My heart was full of love.

„Is Pinky already up?" Cole asked our daughter about our dog. She shook her head. „Well then, go and wake her up and cuddle her. She loves morning cuddles."

Sophie immediately jumped out of the bed to go check on Pinky.

Cole smiled slightly.
„Good morning, beautiful, I'm sorry that Sophie woke you up." he said pulling me closer to him.

„It's alright. I love waking up to you guys giggling though." I chuckled, giving Cole a quick kiss on the lips.

Cole then moved and rested his head on my small baby bump.
„Hey my little boy." he started whispering, causing a big fat smile on my lips.

He kissed my bump and continued talking to Sophies little brother. That warmed up my entire heart. I can't wait to have him in my arms in a few months.

- time jump -

„Shit Lill we need to hurry up, our flight is in two hours. We're gonna be late." Cole said after realizing it's already 2pm. We're gonna visit my family this weekend.

„yes yes. I'll pack my stuff immedia — ugh fuck!!" I suddenly groan in pain loudly while having my hands on my small bump.

„What's going on. Are you okay?" Cole reacted in panic.

I kept groaning, slowly sitting down onto the couch. I felt like screaming and crying at the same time. This pain was horrible.

„It hurts so much." I answered, I was barely able to breathe, not knowing what was going on.

„What? Your stomach?!" Cole said in shook.

I nodded, starting to cry. Sophie clinged on Cole's leg, not knowing what's happening as well.

„Hey babygirl, I need you to go upstairs and pack some of your favorite toys to play with at Grandma and Grandpa's okay?" Cole whispered. She nodded in confusion and went upstairs.

Cole came closer to me and hugged me tightly.
„Do you have contractions or what?"

I shook my head. „Cole I'm only 17weeks pregnant. This can't be contractions." I started to cry harder.

„But what is it then?"

I took a deep breath and pulled down my trousers seeing blood everywhere.

I started to breathe faster, to cry harder. This can't be happening.
„Cole.." I mumbled almost breaking down.

Cole just sat there, being shocked as hell. Not knowing what to say next.

„I'm - I'm losing t - the b - baby. I'm ha - having mis - miscarriage." I stuttered crying more than I've ever done in my entire life.

„No. You're not losing this baby, do you hear me? We're going to the hospital now." Cole said confidently. But I knew that it's already over.

„But - But what about o -our flight?" I kept stuttering.

„Lili that's nothing to worry about right now. I'm calling Cami to watch Sophie, we're going now."

And that's what he did. Cami went over as soon as possible and Cole drove me to the hospital.

And as soon as my baby got checked it was confirmed that I've actually been right.

„I'm sorry mrs. reinhart and mr. Sprouse but unfortunately I have to tell you that you're having miscarriage." the doctor said with a sad face impression.

I immediately broke into tears, sobbing directly into Cole's shirt. He was crying as well. I couldn't believe it. I've lost it. I've lost everything. I've lost something that was all ours. And it's confirmed now.

„I'm gonna leave you for a short amount of time. Later we have to talk about further steps refering to your surgery." the doctor said before leaving us alone.

„Lils.. please look at me." Cole whispered sobbing.

I slowly looked up, directly looking into his red eyes.
„It's not your fault okay? I don't want you to keep saying yourself that it all only happened because of you."

„I've lost everything." I said sobbing. I've wanted to cry and scream at the same time.
„We didn't even have a name for him.. and now he - he's go - gone.. forever." My voice was gone at the last part.

Cole kept rubbing my back, trying to calm me down. But nothing was working. He was too shocked as well.

„Lili we might have lost our baby. But you haven't lost everything. You have me, you have Sophie. And we will never leave you, okay?"

I nodded, still breathing fast.
„Follow my breathing, love." he said while pressing my head onto his chest. Only hearing his heartbeat, was calming me down a little.

- A few days later -

I was laying in bed, staring at the ceiling. Cole's right next to me, having his arm around my body, to keep having me close to him.

„I still can't believe this actually happened. I feel so empty.." I rested my hand on my now flat stomach. Without my baby in it.

„I know.. I can't believe this either." He mumbled sadly.

„How are we even supposed to tell everyone. They're gonna freak out."

„Lili they might be sad then, but they will keep supporting you as much as they need to. You'll get support from everyone. No one is gonna be mad at you. Cause it's not your fault. Things like this are happening." he whispered, stroking my arm. „It'll be fine okay?"

I nodded, cuddling deeper into Cole's chest.

„I'll keep being there for you, in every situation. And if you'll be ready sometime in the future, then we can try again.. only if you want to. Our little boy probably wants us happy right now."

„He wasn't even living. He died before actually being alive." I sighed, a few tears running down my face.

„Alive or not, it doesn't matter. He's watching over us, and he loves you." Cole slowly pressed a kiss on my head. I nodded smiling slightly.

Things like this are always hard. But with the right person at your side, you'll get through it, no matter how hard it is. And that's exactly what happened to me.