Life On Your Own

(Y/N) walked into the Giant Eagle, glancing at a worker behind a checkout. As she looked she noticed that he was showing another lady a flyer.

"(L/N). She's said to have been seen in this area. $5,000 for turning her in."

(Y/N) quickly ducked past them, pulling her hood further over her head. Her worn work boots tapped the tile floor as she made her way to the meat isle.

The chilled shelves were stuffed full of packaged meat. Her mouth watered just looking at it. Quickly, she pulled a plastic bag out of her coat pocket and shoved a few packages of ground beef into it.

"Excuse me, young lady?"

(Y/N) jumped and almost dropped the bag. She whipped around, only to be met with the face of a middle aged woman. The woman seemed startled by (Y/N)'s tired and dirty appearance.

"I was just going to ask if you know where I could find the oatmeal?" She asked.

"Probably the bread isle ma'am," (Y/N) said, trying to act cool.

"Thank you!"

The woman walked away and (Y/N) let out a sigh. She looked into the plastic bag. She had been able to grab three packages. That was enough, any more and she might get caught. She began to walk across the store, back to the front door.

Just as she got the the automatic doors, the worker called out to her.

"Miss, did you pay for that?"

(Y/N) instantly broke out into a run. Behind her the worker was yelling,

"Hey! HEY! Get back here! Amy! Call the police!"

(Y/N) panted as her legs carried her as fast as they could. She jumped the curb and ran across the busy road. The sound of car horns and tires screeching filled her head. She jumped over the other curb and into an unfamiliar neighborhood. The houses were dark and the sidewalks had no streetlights.

But the darkness was suddenly broken by the flashing of blue and red lights. Screaming sirens split the air behind her. Rain began to fall around her as she turned random corners and she gasped for breath.

The street she was on led to a bridge. She ran onto it, trying to keep her balance as the rain fell harder.

"FREEZE!"

(Y/N) skidded to a stop by the railing. There were red and blue lights flashing all around her, giving an eerie glow to the river flowing below.

"DROP THE BAG AND PUT YOUR HANDS WHERE WE CAN SEE THEM!"

She reluctantly dropped the plastic bag and turned around, her hands raised above her head. Through the heavy storm, she could barely see five police cars blocking her, all ten of the officers with their weapons drawn and one shouting into a megaphone. The sirens bellowed an ear piercing wail that echoed off the the forest off the side of the bridge.

"I only have one thing to say to you lovely officers this delightful evening," (Y/N) said with a smile as the rain pelted her.

"IT CAN AND WILL BE USED AGAINST YOU IN THE COURT OF LAW!" The officer yelled into the megaphone.

(Y/N) just laughed.

"Catch me if you can."

She grasped the wet rail with one hand and flipped herself over the edge. Time seemed to go in slow motion as the sirens slightly faded and the lights were blocked out. It only went back to normal when she hit the icy cold river at her feet. She plummeted beneath the surface into a world of chilled, muffled sound. It was almost peaceful. But the peace was quickly broken by a bullet bursting through the water and barely missing her arm.

The lone bullet was accompanied by hundreds of others, all skimming the water and barely missing her. One even grazed her thigh, leaving a slight cut. She had to get out of there now. She swam even deeper into the river and paddled down the current, not daring to take a breath in fear of the police catching sight of her. The gunshots finally became distant after a while and the sirens were faint.

(Y/N) struggled to the bank and collapsed on the gravel. Coughing, she flipped herself onto her back and looked up. Right when she did though, she let out a yell of fright.

A tall man was standing above her, staring down at her. He was dressed in a full business suit with his hands folded behind his back. The only thing that was off was that he had no face and his skin was entirely white.

(Y/N)'s head began to pound with the sound of loud static. She held her head in her hands and gave a cry of pain.

"For the love of all things holy Slender, stop it!"