Shooting Lessons

"Hey Slender?"

"Yes, child?"

(Y/N) was laying upside down on the couch, absentmindedly flicking through channels on the TV while Slender sat in an armchair and read. Every now and then, someone would walk in and out of the room, doing some sort of work.

"I know you eat kids but... I don't know... have you ever tried eating an old person?" (Y/N) asked.

Slender closed his book and set it on his lap.

"Now that I think about it, I have. She wasn't very good though. Elders are very dry and dusty," he said.

"So, in theory, if I went hunting and brought an old person home, you'd make me eat her? You wouldn't do it?" (Y/N) asked.

"Yes."

A dreaded look crossed (Y/N)'s face as she thought about her closet in her room.

"Again in theory, if she was knocked out the whole time, you wouldn't be mad if I let her go?"

"If she's passed out, that would be okay."

(Y/N) let out a sigh of relief.

"Okay."

There was a knock on the door.

"Ben! Get that please!" Slender called.

There was the sound of creaking floorboards upstairs and feet pounding down the stairs as Ben came into view. He walked over to the door and opened it, leaning on the doorframe.

"Hey baby~" he crooned at whoever it was.

There was a sharp wooshing sound and Ben put his hands up defensively.

"Okay, okay. I'm sorry, come on in."

Jane walked in, putting her knife back away. Once (Y/N) saw her, she leapt up from the couch and ran over to her, enveloping her in a hug.

"Look at you!" Jane smiled, holding (Y/N) at arm's length, "You look great!"

(Y/N) looked down at her clothes. Jack had finally fixed her sweater, and she had freed her other clothes from the mud from the few nights before.

"Well it's thanks to you," (Y/N) chuckled, "If you hadn't gotten me those clothes I'd still be tripping over pants legs."

"Hello Jane," Slender called.

"Hi sir, is it alright if I take (Y/N) for a few moments?" Jane asked.

"Wait, what're we doing?" (Y/N) muttered to Jane.

"Yes, that's okay."

Jane smiled and dragged (Y/N) outside. In the grass were two shotguns and a pile of tin cans.

"Are you... going to teach me how to shoot?" (Y/N) asked.

Jane grinned and nodded.

"Wait, Jane," (Y/N) said, putting up her hands, "One, I thought you only use knives. Two, I already can fend for myself. Didn't you get the call I left on your answering machine a few days ago?"

"One, I primarily use knives," Jane said, "Two, yes I got your message. This is just a back up in case you need to do something long range."

(Y/N) nodded in understanding and tied back her hair. Jane picked up a shotgun for herself and tossed the other to (Y/N). She caught it clumsily and cocked it.

"First, your finger goes on the trigger, not in the barrel," Jane sighed.

(Y/N) fumbled with it before she got it the way Jane instructed. Jane walked up beside her and pointed to the pile of cans.