Stiches

As (Y/N) poured her concerns onto Toby, she heard footsteps come up behind them. Brian sat down next to them and sighed.

"How is he?" Toby asked, letting (Y/N) go so she could lean on Brian instead.

"Better," Brian muttered.

(Y/N) could hear the tiredness in his voice. His eyes seemed dark and droopy as he ran a hand through his fluffy hair.

As (Y/N) intertwined her fingers with his, she asked,

"How much better is better?"

"Better enough to the point where he won't throw a hissy fit if you try to stitch him up."

(Y/N) nodded against his shoulder and went back to watching the water ripple from their feet. They sat in silence for a few moments before she stood herself up.

"I should probably get started then," she said.

Toby wished her luck and Brian just nodded. Once (Y/N) was at the gate to the pool with her boots, she saw Brian slip into the water, clothes and all. He bobbed to the surface, face still in the water and just floated there. (Y/N) just gave a tired smile in his direction and headed inside.

On the foot of the far bed was Tim, as silent as ever, with a first-aid kit beside him. (Y/N) silently set her boots down on the floor before approaching him. The bed creaked under her weight once she had sat down beside him.

Slowly reaching over, she gingerly lifted up his arm and pulled off his jacket on that side. The rest of it fell to a pile behind his back. (Y/N) picked at the blood soaked bandage before finding where Toby had tucked it in to itself. She pulled at it, letting the bandage unravel to the ground, before inspecting the wound.

The bleeding had stopped for the most part, but the damage was evident. There were three large cuts running down Tim's arm, not deep enough to see bone, but she had definitely cut through the tissue to the point where the stitches would leave reasonable scars.

(Y/N) lightly let her fingers graze the cuts, but yanked them away when Tim hissed in pain.

"Sorry," she muttered.

Tim shook his head.

"Don't be."

(Y/N) gave him a small smile before reaching for the kit. Inside were the same contents that had been described to her, along with a pair of latex gloves, which she pulled on. After, she reached for the numbing cream and poured a dollop onto her palm.

"Let me know when you can't feel anything anymore," (Y/N) said, beginning to gently massage the cream into Tim's arm. 

He only nodded as he winced.

After a few more minutes of spreading the cream in and around the wound, Tim finally notified her that his arm had gone completely numb. And with that, (Y/N) picked up the needle and thread, ready to take it to his arm.

"You ready?" She asked, holding the prepped needle to one of the cuts.

Looking away, Tim let out a stifled,

"Yeah."

As the needle entered his arm, Tim covered his eyes with his left one. (Y/N) snickered sympathetically.

"Don't like needles?" She asked, a small smile crossing her face.

"I just don't like the thought of something sharp literally in my arm," he cringed.

(Y/N) nodded in understanding, continuing to close his wounds. They sat in silence for the most part, other than the sound of the cars outside or crickets chirping from the bushes under the window.