We Need to Leave

(Y/N) sat in the passenger's seat of a stolen black Kia, listening to Masky and Hoodie talk in the back seat. Toby was driving again, relying on (Y/N) for directions, but that was the last thing on her mind. She was currently looking at the documents that Liu had given them.

They held the information of a middle aged, balding man. He lived five hours away from the house, so they planned to stay at a motel overnight after their business was completed.

The man's name was Carl Davis, 46, lived in an apartment building, somewhat overweight and apparently conveniently forgot to pay his last rent bill. Their plan was to pretend to be the landlord coming to collect rent, then kill him quickly and quietly. All would be done under the cover of darkness as to not give themselves away entirely.

"Where to, Cap?" Toby asked, breaking (Y/N) away from her reading.

She shuffled the papers around until she could see the map underneath.

"Um... take a left at Catterfield street," she said.

(Y/N) looked out the window as Toby made the turn. The sun was setting and the sky was a blend of purples and pinks. She heard Hoodie stretch, his joints popping, before he sighed and fell back into his seat.

"How much longer Toby? My legs are getting stiff," he asked.

Toby shrugged and continued driving down the street in the unfamiliar neighborhood. (Y/N) glanced back down at the map, checking their position.

"Should be another twenty minutes, we're getting close," she said.

Masky sighed and leaned his head up against the window. After a few moments, he asked (Y/N) to pass him the documents. She handed them to him where he and Hoodie read them, their heads pressed together.

As promised, in another 20 minutes, they pulled into the parking lot of an apartment building. The whole place seemed run down, like the building itself was sagging. The parking lot had years worth of potholes and cracks, and even from a distance, (Y/N) could see the bottom few windows had been busted in.

Toby parked the car in the furthermost spot from the building and got out, the others following him.

"It's not dark yet," Hoodie pointed out.

(Y/N) looked to the sun, which was just on the verge of setting, but technically yes, it wasn't dark yet.

"We'll just cut the power once we're inside, then it'll be dark," Masky shrugged, starting to walk to the front door.

Once they reached the glass double doors, Masky put his hand out and tugged on the handle to open it. It didn't budge. Masky pulled harder, shaking the door and making a scene before Toby stopped him.

"It's locked, Dingus," He said as he pointed to a keycard reader.

Masky shrugged it off, took his crowbar, and smashed the reader in.

"There," he said confidently, "Unlocked."

Putting out his hand again, he pulled on the door handle. It still didn't move. Masky stared at it before tugging harder again.

"Would you stop?" Toby sighed, "I think you're too stupid to realize that it's still locked and what you did was dumb!"

"You can't even come up with an original insult," Masky spat.

"Oh yeah buttwipe?" Toby yelled.

The yelling turned into them actually starting to punch each other. (Y/N) and Hoodie shared an annoyed look before going up to each of the fighting toddlers. (Y/N) pinned Toby's arms to his sides and dragged him away from Masky while Hoodie picked up Masky and threw him over his shoulder like a sack of flour.