{CHAPTER 3}

°

°

WHEN THE INITIAL SHOCK HAD SETTLED, BILBO HAD SOFTENED UP TO DROGON. Rhaenyra had tried to persuade her hobbit friend for a swoft flight on Drogon, just circling the valley for a while. But it proved to be too much for Bilbo who said he might suffer form a heartattack should he fly on a dragon's back, the offer of an invitation to a feast filled with food and drink from Lord Elrond was much more attractive in his eyes.

Rhaenyra led Bilbo through Rivendell, making sure to show him her favourite places where she spent much of her time when away from the Shire as they waited for the feast to be prepared. When about halfway through the tour Glorfindel had joined them, jumping out from behind a pillar with the intentions of scaring Rhaenyra. It didn't work well, since she was used to his  antics, but Bilbo was not prepared and screamed, almost scared half to death. 

Bilbo was led through Rivendell to the feast by both Rhaenyra and Glorfindel, but when they appeared Rhaenyra was met with glares coming from a majority of the dwarves, her appetite suddenly gone. Glorfindel noticed straight away something was wrong with her, seeing how Rhaenyra's whole body tensed up and how she clasped her hands together infront of her. Glorfindel's heated gaze swept over the dwarves, stopping for a moment when they landed on Thorin where he narrowed them slightly, wanting the Dwarf King to know that he didn't accept this and never would. Then with a gentle hand he steered Rhaenyra away from the supposed festivities to go on a quiet stroll together instead. 

"They will learn, in time." Glorfindel promised her, "You have a gentle heart and you are not evil, neither is your dragon. Hopefully soon enough they will know that."

"I wonder if these reactions are similar to those my mother was met with when she came to Westeros," Rhaenyra ignored what Glorfindel said, too preoccupied with her own thoughts to properly hear him. Her voice was low but Glorfindel had always been a good listener, "They believe that I am evil, such mindsets are hard to change."

Glorfindel sighed feeling deflated, knowing that changing Rhaenyra's mind on this matter would not be possible at the current moment in time. Instead he gestured for her to sit down beside him on a wooden bench close to the edge of Rivendell where they had a beautiful view over the whole valley where they sat, not speaking and simply enjoyed the serene peace and quiet for a while. 

"A meeting of the White Council has also been called to take place later tonight," Glorfindel informed Rhaenyra, breaking the heavy silence that was hovering above them, "You have been invited by the Lady Galadriel to participate."

"Galadriel is in Rivendell?"

"Yes, to meet with the White Council," Glorfindel confirmed, happy that Rhaenyra appeared to have temporarily forgotten about the dwarves, "Perhaps we should head on over to where it will be held, we have been sitting here for a long time."

Rhaenyra didn't even realize that they had indeed been sitting down for a long time, not talking at all until Glorfindel had first brought up the White Council meeting that was going to take place.