{CHAPTER 6}

°

°

THE FEAST OF STARLIGHT IT IS CALLED. After a long conversation between Rhaenyra and Thranduil about the dwarves and them coming to some sort of agreement concerning the Company, the Elven King explained to her why his kingdom was in such an uproar. Though he first said the name in elvish and Rhaenyra still didn't have such a good grasp on the language so there was a moment of confusion for her, But this time around Thranduil was more patient with her and took his time to describe in great detail about this elven holiday where they celebrated the stars and the light they bring, as it is sacred to all elves. 

The Feast of Starlight was to be held in a few days time and Thranduil had personally extended an invitation to Rhaenyra for her to sit at his table with his closest advisers as a guest of honor. He had explained that 'As the one who bears the Ring of Power, Narya, and the only one in Middle Earth to ride a dragon and tame it to close perfection, it would be folly to not have you at a seat of honor'. 

Rhaenyra was currently returning to her own chambers from a session with Thranduil's personal tailors where he had also left her because he had some duties to attend to.  He had stayed there a short time though before taking his leave, giving his opinions on what colors he thought would suit Rhaenyra better while the tailor elves worked in mostly silence. 

The Elven King had confessed, with a small blush while avoiding Rhaenyra's eyes, that he found darker colors fir her much better than brighter once, they enhance both her power and beauty. 

The tailors tried to keep the clothes they were preparing for her quite tight, to show off her curves and keep them quite long, so they dragged a little on the floor behind her, Rhaenyra tried her best to politely ask them if it was possible for them to not do that and instead follow her wishes of shorter dresses that fit with trousers underneath so it would be easier for her to ride on Drogon.

At first they took offense, finding her choice and preference inappropriate for someone of her stature during such an important feast for their kind. The two tailors were ellons who spoke to her in fast elvish and Rhaenyra could barely distinguish a single word they said, since their accents were still a little foreign to her compared to the ones in Rivendell she was more used to. Thranduil had seen the look of discomfort on Rhaenyra's face and before he left the room the King decided to step in.

He translated what the tailors were saying to her and Rhaenyra straight away flushed up a bright red, glancing over at the window hoping she would see Drogon try to stick his head through it in an attempt to comfort her, but saw nothing. Thranduil had repeated the importance of wearing lighter colors, such as white, during the Feast of Starlight to honor the stars.

Before closing the door behind him Thranduil made the order for a few more elvish gowns to be made for Rhaenyra to wear while staying in Mirkwood in the best and prettiest white silks they had in the kingdom, for the Feast of Starlight especially. But he had also told them to honor the wishes of Narya's bearer and provide her with clothes better suited for riding her dragon.