CHAPTER 22

*knock knock*

"Your food is here"

"Ah..Finally! I was so hungry" Yena complained jokingly.

Yuri went to take the food and placed it on Yena's table.

"Sit here. Let's eat together." Yena instructed Yuri.

Both of them started to eat since they were too hungry. They both ate in silence. Until Yena decided to break the silence.

"Sorry if this offend you but did you seriously have no other umm 'partner' after we kind of part away?"

"Yeah. No. Not interested."

"How about now? Are you interested in love or?"

"I kind of want to experience since I don't have any 'partner' ever since I was born. "

"Ah.." Yena is actually smiling inside. Happy to know that he actually have a chance to confess.

"I got a story to tell you."

"What is it? I'm interested." Yena said enthusiastically.

"Well during my childhood days, I met a friend that has the same features as you. He made a promise to stay with me everytime I was sad and have any problem with my family. Our normal hiding place was at the playground. We would talk about our problem on the swing. You remind me of him and he left me alone. Leaving me with all those problems. Not being able to talk to anyone. From then on, I was insecure about telling anyone about my problems. I don't know why but I am really comfortable with telling you my problems."

"Oh..What was his name? Where did you live previously? I lived on Gangnam District. There was a playground there too. It was kind of the same experience?"

"Busan, then moved to Gangnam District. His name..I'm not quite sure but I call him ducky"

Is it me she is talking about? Yena asked to himself. Her nickname was hammy. Hamster.

"Is your nickname Ha--"
*ring ring*

"Wait a minute. It's Hitomi."

---------

"Yena hyung!"

"What?"

"Well I think Nako just asked me about me still liking her. But we got interrupted after Sakura shouted. Worse moment of my life."

"Well confess that you still like her. Isn't it easy?"

"Well. Why don't you confess to Yuri?"

"Mine's a different story. I need some time."

"We've just finished eating lunch prepared by Sakura and Chaeyeon. By the way, do you know where Minju and Chaewon went?"

"Minju's on a date. Chaewon. I'm not quite sure. Bye"

"Thank you bye."

Should I really tell her?

"Anyways, what did I want to ask?"

"Was your nickname Ham..."

"Oh yeah. What did the 'duck' call you?"

"It's a guy. He called me Hammy. It's been years since he left. I forgave him already. What if he is already dead right? Haha."

"Well for sure that ain't funny. But yeah. What if he left already."

"Why did you ask about my nickname?"

"N-nothi--No. I think that the 'ducky' is me."

"A-are you serious?"

"Ducky who was smaller than me became a guy like you?!"

"Who knows? Do you want to go back to the playground and see if I am 'ducky'?"

"Sure. I-i mean. It would be great to see my best friend again right?"

Ah...Friendzoned.

-------------
Chaewon's POV

Hmm..That guy looks kind and caring towards Minju. Is it finally the right guy for her? Where are they going again? It's 10pm. I have to fetch her. Let me follow them.

Few minutes later...

Who's house is this? Why is it so shabby? Wh-Wait. Nevermind. The guy just took out roses for her. Let me call her.

"Yah. Kim Minju! Where are you? Let me fetch you!"

"I'm at **** district."

"Oh? That's where I'm at now." ;D
---

I waved at her, smiling. She gave me a weird look. She said goodbye to the guy and ran to me.

"Have you been following me?"

"U-uh n-no!"

"Then how did you know the location that I send to you?"

"F-fine! I followed you everywhere. B-but to make sure the guy is good for you! I do this for your safety too!"

"But didn't I tell you I hate friends following my date. I'm disappointed in you Chaewon. I'm going home by myself. You go ahead. I want to be alone."

"Look. I'm sorry. I won't do it again. But i think the guy's perfect for you. Just give him a little more time to show you his true colours then date him if you want. Just becareful. Call me if you need me. I'm giving you space now. I'll get going."

Chaewon entered his car and started the engine. Minju was already walking ahead of him. Chaewon drove the car next to Minju and honked.

"You do know that I won't leave you alone at this kind of timing! Get in"

Minju got into the car and apologised.

"I'm sorry for my behaviour. I was just tired. I knew you won't leave me too. You are just too kind Chaewon. Your girlfriend would be so lucky to have you."

"*i wish it was you* Let's head back home. They are all looking for us"

"What was it before again? I can't hear you."

"It's nothing. Anyway, if you are tired during the date, just let the guy know. He will drive you home and let you rest. IF he loves you."