6

I clutched my legs close to my chest

I clutched my legs close to my chest. I sat down outside the hospital. I didn't know what to do.

I was alone.

They want to put me in a foster home since Craig was who had custody of me. I don't want that.

Whats the point anymore? I only had Craig.

I couldn't cry anymore. I spent all night doing that. I never had a break. I feel this lump in my throat, I wanted to cry, but I couldn't.

This was making me feel numb, I never thought that was what could ruin me.

The numbness.

I just need to know who did this. I need to do what they did to him. I dont care what the consequences are.

I know he didn't do that to himself.

They searched the house and didn't find no forces entry. Nobody caught anything on camera.

Why him?

"Cora."

Please don't let him make this worse.

"I'm talking to you." He crouched down in front of me.

I looked up at him and allowed my tears to flow. I expressed no emotion. "Why are you looking at me like I didn't just lose my brother? I'm hurt."

He shook his head and looked away for a second before looking back at me. "And you think I'm not? Craig was someone close to me. I helped him the way he helped me. I cared deeply about him."

I got up and walked away from him.

"You can't keep running away, Cora."

"Fuck you."

"You want me to take you out of that foster home bullshit or what? Because they'll for sure, drug test you there. You're of age to know what's right and what's wrong. Ain't no rehab. It's all jail." He said lighting a cigarette.

"You couldn't do that."

"Yeah I can. Just let me know." He walked towards me. "Im doing this for him and you. You shouldn't feel alone at a time like this."

"I'd rather die. I don't deserve comfort." I sneered.

I went to walk inside. I just needed a little break. Craig's in a coma. Hes practically gone. He's breathing through the machines, but once they disconnect him, he won't be able to do it on his own.

I'm trying to force myself to believe he's going to wake up.

But I can't lie to myself.

Since I'm underage and he's an adult, how long he stays here is out of my control. If I was in the hospital, and since he had custody, they wouldn't be able to disconnect me til he signed some papers.