30

"Thank you

"Thank you." I smiled at Tank.

He gave me some beer since he knows I don't really like hard liquor unless I'm drunk enough to say fuck it. "Your welcome. Did he hurt you anywhere?"

I shook my head. "My rib hurts but that's it. He dropped me and I fell on my side."

"I want to give you a little present." He walked into the living room and came back to the kitchen. He put a briefcase type box in front of me. "Open it."

"Is it a bomb-" I looked up at him and giggled. I opened it and gasped. "Wait.."

"I'm giving it to you. I taught you how to shoot a gun. Its for protection though. Don't just pull it out whenever." He took the pistol out of the box. "It's an HK45 compact. Its smaller."

"You want me to shoot X?"

"Not out of context. If somebody tries to harm you, shoot. It's self defense. After you shoot, don't dump the gun. Bring it to me immediately." He reached into the box and grabbed another thing. "Here is a leg holster. That's where you're gonna keep the gun."

"What if someone sees it on me? Won't I go to jail?"

"If you go across our territory, yeah. You can, just hide it. If police approach you, just call us, we'll take care of it." He put it back in the box. "You can take it to your room, but first we're gonna talk about school shit. You're sure you wanna switch?"

"I'm really sure. I don't want to go back to that school. I'm this close to dropping out." I motioned with my fingers.

"Where do you wanna go? Any specific school? It doesn't matter what X thinks or says, I'm your guardian, its my signature that counts. Just to let you know bout that."

"Can't I just do online school?" I scratched my head.

"No." He thought for a while. "I could put you in one of those fuckin private schools."

"I-" I laughed. "Foorr whaatt! Public school is good enough. I'm not tryna be with the stuck up kids."

"How you know they stuck up?" He raised an eyebrow.

"I don't but look at me." I motioned to my clothes and piercings. "I doubt there will be someone like me."

"People come from different backgrounds."

"Okay, but if somebody tells me shit, I'm fighting back." I held my hands up in defense.

He chuckled. "I'm cool with that." He checked his phone. "Shit. Go to bed. I'm gonna enroll you tomorrow."

"Can i get another beer?"

"No." He shooed me away. "I'll be back in the morning. I got work."

I stood up and pushed the chair in. "Goodnight." I grabbed the box.