7 - A night to remember

Cheryl's pov

"Mumsie, I'm home," Cheryl called out, entering Thorn Hill's doorway. The mansion felt cold and empty. It was never the same since Jason died. Her home would always give off an eerie feeling but today, it felt off.

Oh wait, mother and father aren't home

Cheryl reminded herself. Her parents were on their first business trip since her brother died. It would have been her first night alone in a long time. She always had Jason with her before her parents watched her like a hawk. But tonight she had to help throw a party for most of the school.

Cheryl called a cater and a DJ to make the night one to remember. Just as she got out some fairy lights for decorations, she heard the doorbell ring.

"Greetings, chums," she welcomed, opening the door for Betty, Veronica, Josie, Jughead and Kevin.

"We brought Kevin, Jug, and Josie to help with the setup," Betty said pointing to her friends.

"Also, I was going to invite, like, 50 people but then you offered to let us use the mansion, so I text blasted almost the whole school," Veronica added giddily.

"Great! The more, the merrier," Cheryl grinned.

They all began helping Cheryl set up and decorate for the party. Jughead and Kevin hung up the fairy lights in the front yard where the DJ booth was set. Josie and Betty set up most of the tables of food in the front yard and some in the large living room. Cheryl and Veronica began greeting the guest.

Of course, it wouldn't be a party without Reggie and the Bulldogs bringing dozens of bottles of cheap beer.

"Now it's a party! Whoo!" one of the football players cheered.

"Are you sure about this?" Betty whispered to Veronica.

"It'll be fine B," she whispered back with a grin "the party has just begun,"

-

The lights were blaring, the music was pumping, people were dancing, the food was a bit tacky but they were too drunk to care. Eventually, Cheryl checked outside to see that the Southside Serpents started to show up.

"Serpents, at my house?" Cheryl said in a heated tone.

"It'll be fine Cheryl, they're not all bad," Veronica assured, "I thought you knew about them coming,"

"Fine," Cheryl sighed "one night only and you owe me, Lodge," Cheryl knew that if the Serpents were coming, Toni might. She didn't want to talk to her after everything that happened at school. But at the same time, she also wouldn't mind someone to talk to.

Toni's pov

Toni pulled up to a gigantic mansion with an enormous front yard. Fairy lights were hung from each lamppost. There was music playing and colored lights flashing from inside the manor.

Riverdale high students were all over the place. Some talking, some dancing, some high, some drunk, some both.

Toni parked her Chevrolet in the parking lot sized driveway next to the other automobiles. She got out of her car and met with Sweetpea and Fangs as they walked towards the entrance. Before Fangs could knock, the door flew open.

"Toni, Sweetpea and Fangs," Veronica greeted them "glad you could make it. The food is at the tables and the beer is basically everywhere," she bantered.

Toni chuckled at her joke while looking around. Most of the Serpents who came hung out in the recreation room, which was where Sweetpea and Fangs were headed.

Toni went to search for Cheryl to go talk to her. She found the redhead sitting on a couch, talking to some cheerleaders surrounded by partying classmates.

"I know right!" the brunette cheerleader exclaimed "You'll have to tell me all about!" she said right before making out with one of the football players.

After their conversation ended, Toni decided it was the best time to go talk to Cheryl.

Cheryl's pov

The redhead started to take some pictures for Instagram and noticed on her phone camera Toni walking in her direction.

"So, Cheryl Bombshell can throw a pretty badass party,"

"Nice to see the lower class enjoying their time at Thorn Hill," she said in a playful manner.

"So why are you guys throwing this party anyway?"

"Not sure," Cheryl said honestly "Veronica just wanted to throw that cliche high school house party and I'm merely... augmenting it,"

"So when rich white girls want to have an extravagant party, they just can whenever they want to?" Toni said sarcastically.

"I see you're understanding the concept," Cheryl joked. Both girls giggled at each other.

This is nice, having someone to talk to just for a good laugh

"So do you want to go grab some punch and make this a night to remember?"

"Gladly, Topaz,"

The two girls just talked for some time. They talked about school, the Serpents, parents, siblings and they would ironically flirt with each as a "joke".

-

"I haaaate history and geography the most," Toni groaned "I especially hate the doing the homework,"

"I bet you'd prefer doing something.." Cheryl said putting her hand on Toni's shoulder "..or someone else more... interesting," she said slowly, biting her bottom lip. Toni responded with a giggle.

"Speaking of school and education, the alphabet was definitely the hardest thing to learn when I was a kid,"

"What do you mean?" Cheryl asked, raising an eyebrow.

"I kept thinking there were 21 letters,"

"Which ones did keep you forget,"

"Well I kept forgetting U R A Q T" Toni smirked flirtatiously and Cheryl blushed.

-

They kept talking and bonding for an hour or so. Cheryl felt like they were getting closer, she felt a spark. Did Toni feel it as well?

After that, they danced together, surrounded by the crowd of wasted high schoolers. Feeling a bit drunk and lose herself, Cheryl got closer to Toni and the Serpent put her hands on the ginger's hips, pulling the redhead closer to her body. This was going to be a night to remember. She felt so happy, she hadn't felt like that in quite a while. She wished she could feel this way forever.