30 - The principal

Toni's pov

Toni sat in the secretary's office, anxiously twirling her thumbs. She glanced to the left at the clock and its hands who didn't seem to be moving, if they were, it was excruciatingly slow. She turned her head to the right to see the raven-haired girl sitting in the chair next to hers. She hadn't been sent to the office herself but she refused to let Toni go alone.

"This is so stupid and unnecessary," Toni groaned in frustration.

"It's not your fault, Chuck should be the one in here instead of you,"

"At Southside, they wouldn't give two shits if something like this happened on campus," the Serpent sighed "Why are they making a big deal out of it?"

"I mean to be fair, Southside was much less strict when it came to breaking rules and violations,"

"I guess that's true," Toni admitted "I was just so fucking mad at Chuck for posting that video, and now Cheryl thinks I cheated on her,"

"I'm guessing she wasn't very understanding when you told her that I was just drunk that night,"

"I actually didn't get the chance to tell her," Toni sighed "She didn't want to listen to me,"

"You should text her then," Veronica suggested.

"Thought of that already," Toni showed the raven-haired girl her phone "she blocked me,"

"I'll text her then," Veronica said as she pulled out her phone from her pocket.

Cheryl's pov

Cheryl sat in her booth at Pop's, looking down at her order of fries and a strawberry milkshake. The redhead barely touched her food as she wondered if she wasn't good enough for Toni. The thought didn't cross her mind initially, but she began to worry if she wasn't what Toni wanted and as a result, the Serpent went for Veronica.

"Can I sit here?" the redhead's heart jumped in surprise, hearing the unexpected voice.

Cheryl realized not everyone stayed at school apparently. A hint of disappointment reflected in her eyes as she lifted her head up to see Josie. She wasn't unhappy to see one of her best friends. Deep down, she just wanted to believe that Toni would have made an effort to go after her.

"Uh.. sure," Cheryl replied confused "Josie, what are you doing here? I thought you stayed in class,"

"I couldn't let you be alone after finding out such horrible news," Josie said with a sympathetic smile "I wanted to make sure you were feeling alright,"

"Thank you for being so considerate," Cheryl returned the smile "I just needed to be away from the school, you know, for some time with myself, or at least, not with people who would judge me harshly,"

"Totally get it, I wouldn't want to be surrounded by thousands of disapproving eyes,"

"See, you aren't the condemning type, you understand how I feel,"

Josie knew the feeling of being watched and criticized by others. The entire school had always expected Cheryl to be perfect, or their view on perfection, no matter what and her many recent slip-ups would cost her reputation. Josie would have occasional music gigs but they meant her career was on the line, determined by the large number of people watching and listening. Cheryl wouldn't ever stop supporting her music, just as Josie wouldn't abandon her, no matter what her social status became.

"Thank you," Josie grinned "you're always there for me too and you're always so supportive. So," she switched to the subject Cheryl wanted to avoid "The vidéo must be making you feel a bit bummed,"