12 - Earth shattering

Toni's pov

Toni got out of bed with an irritating headache. She had spent most of her night at a party with flashing lights, blasting music, bottles of beer and straws of jingle jangle. Good thing she stayed away from the last one, otherwise, her migraines would have been much more agonizing.

Toni took some painkillers before getting dressed and ready to go to school. Going to school meant seeing Cheryl, seeing her meant talking to her. But what would Toni even say to the redhead? Cheryl had told her she needed some time to think about what happened that night.

Toni hoped she felt the same feeling she felt. Cheryl had to after a kiss of such passion, right? Toni would have to see for herself after gathering enough courage to talk to her.

-

Toni pulled up to Riverdale High to once again, be greeted by Fangs and Sweetpea. She looked up to notice grey clouds had begun to form.

"Looks like it's gonna rain today," Toni assumed, looking back down at her friends.

"Great! It'll be Fangs' first shower in weeks," Sweetpea joshed.

"Surprised you even know what a shower is," Fangs sneered.

Toni looked around to not see Jughead anywhere again, neither was Cheryl. She'd assumed they were already inside the school. She hoped she'd have enough time to talk to her before the first period started.

"We should probably go in by now,"

"Yeah we should, but don't forget, Serpent meeting tonight," Sweetpea added.

"How could I forget, I'm second head in charge now, remember?" she reminded him.

"And you gotta act like you are, you gotta let the Serpents know you're in charge,"

"Don't sweat it, Fangs, I can handle this," Toni assured.

Toni ignored the rain as the first raindrops began to drizzle.

"It's a big responsibility you got on your hands now,"

"You sure FP made the right decision?" Sweetpea added with a hint of envy.

"Is someone getting a little jealous," Toni teased.

Toni couldn't help but acknowledging the rain as the drizzle turned into a downpour.

"Come on guys, let's go in. Maybe later we can convince Weatherbee to let us start the club,"

-

Toni glanced at her phone to check how much time she had left. She had barely three minutes to find Cheryl before classes were in session. Looking for the redhead, Toni didn't notice the girl walking in her direction not paying attention either. They bumped into each other which made the other girl drop her school supplies.

"I'm so so sorry, let me get that for you," Toni apologized, picking up the girl's books.

"oh, it's alright-"

Before raising her head, Toni realized the girl had curled ginger hair as she retrieved her red binder.

"Cheryl, it's you," she said eagerly "I feel like we should talk about something, and I think you know what,"

Cheryl's cheeks reddened softly. Toni wasn't sure if she was either flattered or embarrassed or both. She hoped it was the first one.

"Uh- some other time, first period starts soon, we shouldn't be tardy," maybe it was the second one.

"Can we pleeease just talk about last night," Toni pleaded.

"I think it's best if we discuss this later," Cheryl evaded the subject "as I stated, we don't want to be running late,"