32 - Last night

Veronica's pov

The raven-haired girl entered the classroom with all eyes on her. She felt like a pariah and could feel the cold judgment from the students' harsh stares.

"Tramp," "homewrecker," she could hear the names whispered under their breath.

Veronica sat in the back of the class, attempting at being unnoticed, even though she knew that wasn't going to happen. She couldn't make eye contact with anyone in that room who knew, which would be anyone with a phone, except the teacher. For that reason, her eyes caught attention on him as he got up from his desk. He headed to the door and left the room, she assumed it was to get more paper.

As the teacher left the door behind open, Veronica noticed Cheryl standing right outside of the classroom, gesturing Veronica to come see her where the redhead was. The raven-haired girl looked around the room before staring back towards Cheryl, pointing at herself with a surprised expression saying me?. The redhead nodded as Veronica got up from her seat, confused as she walked towards the door.

"Cheryl? What are you-"

"Where's your teacher?" Cheryl asked quickly.

"Uh- he went to get some paper from the printer," Veronica replied, pointing in the direction of the teacher's lounge, "What are you doing here?"

"I just wanted to ask since I haven't been in the nicest mood for listening, recently," the redhead said almost in shame "can you tell me what really happened last night with Toni?"

"What happened last night with Toni?" Veronica repeated, "Can we go someplace else to talk about this?"

"Sure, there aren't any music lessons in session currently, so we could head to the music room," Cheryl suggested.

Veronica followed the redhead as they headed to the music room. She opened to door to see that Cheryl was right, there were no classes taking place, it was just empty and quiet. Veronica stared at the spot on the floor where the raven-haired girl stood, the day she broke up with Archie. She could almost see a stain in her mind where she watched her ex walk out of the room, one of the first things that led to the mess that had happened between her, Cheryl and Toni. All that happened in the past, which may have been unfortunate, but Veronica wanted to focus on helping better Cheryl's and Toni's future.

"So tell me what happened," Cheryl said as she sat down on one of the stools.

"Well, I should begin with establishing that I was pretty drunk last night," Veronica began, "I had just found out some horrible news..."

"I heard," the redhead placed her hand on Veronica's shoulder, "I'm so sorry you and Betty broke up,"

"It's, alright, don't apologize to me," the raven-haired girl shrugged, "I just needed to talk to someone, and since I've met Toni, she's been a pretty great friend to talk to..." Veronica truly only ever saw Toni in a platonic way, maybe things were different when she was intoxicated, "but I don't remember much of what happened, I just woke up the next morning in my bedroom,"

Veronica wished she could say more, but it was all she knew from that night. She couldn't recollect a single event after texting Toni, which she could barely recall on its own. No one else was there besides Chuck, apparently, and Toni.

"You should ask Toni about what happened last night, I can't give you the answers you're looking for,"

"I don't even know where she is, though," Cheryl sighed.

"Then, you should probably ask Sweetpea," Veronica advised, "The last time I talked to her, she said she was going to talk to him with the other serpents in the old courtyard,"