20 - USB

"I'm sorry this just isn't enough evidence," the sheriff placed the flash drive on his desk.

"What do you mean this isn't enough evidence?!" Cheryl shouted "The recording clearly shows that my parents framed Toni, what more could you ask for!"

"There's too much evidence against Toni, if you want to prove her innocence, you'll have to get more proof, something truly convincing,"

"We understand, Sheriff Keller, thank you for your time," Veronica sighed, taking the flash drive.

Cheryl stormed out of the police station, letting out a groan of frustration. She angrily dug her long nails into her forearms as she sighed in vexation, cursing herself and the unjust world. She didn't understand why the recording wasn't sufficient enough to prove the Serpent's innocence.

"It's going to be alright Cheryl, we'll find another way to prove Toni's innocent," Betty placed her hand on the redhead's shoulder.

"I hope you're right.." Cheryl sighed "You two have already helped so much already," she said gratefully "I'm just not sure what to do anymore, I thought that the recording would be enough," she said sighed hopelessly.

"We could go talk to FP," Veronica suggested "After all, he was the prime suspect before Toni,"

Cheryl nodded silently as the three girls got into Veronica's car, heading to Sunnyside trailer park. FP Jones, Jughead's father, was originally believed to be Jason's murder before more evidence supporting his side of the case was found. He was now being watched under custody, although he was permitted to return home.

-

"Betty and company, what can I do for you," FP greeted, unlocking the door to his trailer.

"We were just wondering if you know anything about Jason's murder," Betty asked blankly.

"Why would you want to know about that?" he questioned suspiciously.

"We're just trying to prove Toni's innocent, and we thought you could give us some information that would help us do so," Cheryl cleared up.

"Toni's one of my best Serpents," he let out a deep sigh "she shows devoting loyalty and bold leadership, she's a good kid. Absolutely, I'll help you,"

FP went into his room for an instant and returned with a map of Riverdale in hand. The older Serpent wrote some directions on the map and circled the location of one the Blossom Maple Farm signs and marked it down.

"Right here," he pointed to the marked spot on the map "there should be a duffle bag containing crucial information that could help Toni's case. That should be useful in your investigation,"

"Thank you so much," Cheryl said gratefully as she took a picture of the map.

By the time the three girls got back into Veronica's car, it was dusk already. The sun set over Sunnyside's horizon as the beaming sunlight faded into nightfall. Cheryl watched as the trees passed by on their way to the sign.

After a 15 minute drive, they arrived at an obscure road near the original location of Jason's stashed car, the one that was set into flames. The sun had set at that point and the three girls had nothing but the moonlight and their phones to see their surroundings. Cheryl searched through the bushes before she noticed one of them had a strange dark centre. The duffle bag. She pulled it out from the dead and dry shrubbery, tumbling backwards when she finally yanked it out aggressively.

"What's in it," Veronica asked curiously as Cheryl unzipped the bag.

She pulled out her brother's Bulldogs jacket, blue, yellow and his name embroidered. Cheryl hadn't seen the jacket in months, not since Jason left Thorn Hill to see Polly right before they had their big argument. But at that moment, the jacket was in her hands. Thought, how would it help?