8 - First and second kisses

Betty's pov

Betty nervously stood near the punch table with a cup in her hand. She was too scared to drink whatever cheap booze Reggie brought. And it didn't fit the girl next door personality,

but neither is liking girls... right?

Veronica, on the other hand, was having a great time dancing and drinking. Betty knew that Veronica was definitely affected by her's and Archie's breakup, even if Veronica was the one who ended it.

But Archie deserved it, he tried to cheat on her with Josie. The two were writing songs together and Archie just straight up tried to kiss her. It startled Josie and she didn't know what to think about it, so she told Veronica.

"Come on, B! Come and dance with us," her somewhat drunk friend said, tugging Betty's arm "it'll be fun, trust me,"

"Uh sure, V," Betty accepted as Veronica pulled her onto the dance floor.

The two besties danced in the center of the room in the huge crowd. The lights were flashing blue, red and purple and the music was upbeat and pounding. They danced for what seemed like a half hour before the music style changed. The slow and romantic music started to play as the couples in the crowd began to slow dance.

"Come on, let's join 'em for fun," Veronica said, putting her arms on Betty's shoulders.

Betty places her hands on Veronica's hips and they began to dance to the music. In the crowd, she noticed Toni dancing with Cheryl. The Serpent gave her a wink as saying "good luck".

At this point in the song, the couples dancing were kissing. Betty stared into Veronica's eyes. They were so deep and beautiful that Betty's whole world could reflect on them. She felt the same way she did earlier that day at school. She felt like she wanted to kiss her best friend.

But she couldn't, not now, not when she had too much on her mind. The slow music ended anyways and changed to k pop. This was Betty's chance to talk to Veronica. She decided it would be better to have this conversation in private. She led Veronica out of the crowd and up the grand staircase.

"Where are you taking me, Betty?" Veronica asked confused "the party's downstairs,"

"I just really need to talk to you," Betty answered, bringing her into the second floor family room.

They sat down on a couch next to each other. This was the only way Betty could think of to be able to talk to Veronica privately. The second floor was pretty much empty, so the two girls could be alone.

"What do you want to talk about?" Veronica asked.

Betty didn't have the courage to say much, she couldn't form any words.

"um.. I-uh, well y-you see I-"

"Hey," Veronica stopped Betty, placing her hand on her arm as she looked into her eyes "talk to me. Whatever's bothering you, tell me,"

"It's just so hard to say it an-and I don't know if I should say it," she said as her stress began to build up faster by second.

"Come on, B, you know you can tell me anything,"

"I just don't know what you'll think I-I-"

"Whatever it is, I won't be mad, I won't judge you, I won't-"

"I-I like girls and I like you!" Betty blurted.

Betty instantly regretted saying that. Veronica didn't say anything, she just stared.

I knew this was a horrible idea, I shouldn't have-

Without warning, Veronica embraced Betty's face and pressed her lips onto hers. This startled Betty but she didn't pull away. Instead, she closed her eyes and leaned into it. Electricity surged through their lips and made their hearts pump harder and faster.