23 - F*ck their opinions

Cheryl's pov

Cheryl stood at the school's entrance, not moving a muscle. She looked down to her side at the short, pink-haired Serpent. The night prior, Cheryl had come out alongside Toni at Veronica's party of an estimated 20 friends long guest list. Expectedly, the apartment filled with whispers and judgemental stares which Cheryl ignored at the moment. Although she was well aware that Veronica couldn't help but record and post them, Cheryl anxiously feared the reaction of the rest of the school to her face.

As the Serpent swung the front door open, followed by the redhead, most of the students in the hallway paused their conversations to turn their heads. As predicted, the whispers began to fill the school hall and Cheryl felt the weight of judgment suppressing her under pressure.

After a few minutes of murmurs, a large Serpent, who she assumed was Sweetpea, ran out of the crowd to give Toni a big and heartfelt hug as he congratulated the both of them. The crowd began cheering the two girls in support and acceptance. Though, other loyal followers who have been by the redhead's side for years, including a few Vixens, gave them looks of disgust and repulsive thoughts.

"It'll be alright Cheryl, you know what I said about those type of people when I came out," Toni looked up to the redhead "fuck it and their opinions,"

Cheryl smiled to herself, keeping that same mentality the Serpent gave her. Through the crowd, she walked next to Toni, what must have been hardly three inches from each other when she sensed her hand brush against the back of the Serpent's palm. Cheryl attempted to get a hold of Toni's hand before she felt the Serpent's soft embrace when she tried. The girls confidently held hands in the hallway as they headed to the redhead's history lesson, unfortunately, a different class than the Serpent's. Toni planted a soft kiss on Cheryl's cheek before the Serpent left to her classroom.

Cheryl stepped into the crowded classroom filled with people she knew for years, they all felt like strangers at the time. The redhead's presence made all the heads alongside the attention, turn towards her.

Ignore them, fuck their opinions,

Cheryl kept Toni in mind. She cancelled out all voices and directed her eyes to the back of the class where the Lodge girl sat at her desk, hiding her head with her arms. Cheryl imagined she was dealing with the hangover caused by the preceding night.

"Let me guess, headache and vomiting," Cheryl sat down next to Veronica.

"Yep," the raven-haired girl groaned.

"At least you had Betty to take care of you," the redhead smiled.

"Can we not talk about Betty," she muttered bitterly before she got up from her seat and left the room.

"Uh, alright I guess not," her smile dropped in confusion.

Veronica's pov

Veronica burst the restroom's door open. She glanced around to see that it was empty but it didn't matter, she would've ignored the stares either way. She stared at herself in the mirror, wishing she hadn't been so shallow towards Betty that morning. She had no one to blame but herself, she knew how sensitive and reserved Betty was about her father and Veronica had just completely lost her temper and disregarded her feelings. She stood still, gazing into the hazy reflection of her watering eyes, clenching her first tightly. Her nails dug into her palms, causing them to bleed imperceptibly, gradually getting worse which she didn't notice at first.

"Veronica?" she heard the Serpent's voice walk into the restroom "is everything alright?"

"Yeah," the raven-haired girl choked "everything is amazing," Veronica wiped her eyes as she walked out the room, avoiding eye contact with Toni.

She couldn't return to class anymore, she didn't feel like showing her face. The raven-haired girl exited the building and headed to her car. She left the campus and began to drive to Pop's.

A sweet and creamy milkshake sounds delightful, just about now

Betty's pov

Earlier that day, Betty laid in her bed, her mind flooded with thoughts.

I can't believe she called my father psychotic! Does she even realize the Lodges have done many horrible crimes!?

She kept her bitter disbelief.

... or maybe you overreacted, this was after all, during her hangover.

Betty hoped to justify the situation from Veronica's point of view.

But that doesn't matter, when you're drunk, you tend to reveal your true thoughts and your real opinions. If that's how she clearly feels, then fuck it..

Veronica's pov

Veronica sat alone in her booth, staring down her vanilla milkshake. She'd always order a chocolate flavoured milkshake without second though until she began to come to Pop's with Betty as more than friends. Betty preferred the vanilla alternative which they would share with two straws, staring deeply into each other's eyes. At that moment, the sight of the vanilla milkshake taunted her with the fear that she would never have another heartwarming experience like that with Betty.

All because of some stupid champagne and the fact that you can't keep your mouth shut! Did you ever even deserve Betty? She should be with someone who doesn't need to drink to feel confident, especially at your age.

Veronica lifted her head as she heard the door open. An exhausted and tired seeming girl next door walked through the entrance and took a seat on the opposing side of the diner.

Guess I'm not the only one who skips school to comes here in distress

Betty's pov

Betty needed some fresh air that morning, she couldn't stay in bed all day. Of course, she would go to the only diners in town, Pop's. Though, she wanted to go with someone to talk to when she'd arrive. She made a quick call and placed her phone on her vanity.

The blonde girl changed out of her clothes from the night prior and threw on a light pink collared ribbed sweater and a pair of denim jeans. She applied her eye makeup and headed down the staircase to her front door, where she slipped on her pink converse.

Betty got into her mother's car and headed to Pop's. Once she arrived, she noticed Veronica sitting at one of the booths.

She's here, even better

Betty smirked to herself as she got into one of the booths. She ordered a vanilla milkshake as she waited patiently. A few minutes later, he walked into the diner and sat down in Betty's booth, facing the blonde girl.

"Good morning, Archie," she grinned "would you like a sip?"