Back

Rolling over, he pulls her closer to his chest like a boy would with his teddy bear. The blonde girl snuggles closer, breathing deeply. Archie smiles, despite the situation they're in. She's alive, and he wasn't dreaming. She's alive. And that's enough for right now.

A tap on the door startles him, as most sounds do now. There's a creaking noise in the dark, and a small beam of light filters in.

"Psssttt...blondie," a voice rings out. Archie picks his head up gently, looking at the door. Toni stands in the threshold, peeking around the door. She jumps a little when she sees the red head. "Oh, h-hey Archie. So um,"

"Toni? What the fu-"

"Please don't tell Cheryl. I'm trying to get you guys out of here, I promise. Can you please wake Betty up? I gotta get working on her ribs, Fangs managed to snag a big medical kit."

"S-sure." He gently shakes the blonde girl's arm. "Betty, come on, wake up"

She stirs a little, slowly opening her eyes. She lets out a small yawn, taking in her surroundings. Panic slowly fills her eyes, until she remembers where she is. A small amount stays there, and she grips his arm.

"Hey Betty Boop, I'm back." Toni whispers. Betty nods, holding out her arms to hug her. "Alright, let's go, Fangs is waiting."

As he watches the two leave, he can't help but worry about Betty. If someone were to find them, to find him and save him but she wasn't there? No. He wouldn't leave her behind. Even if it meant staying here for a long time. He wasn't getting out without her.