Chapter 6

Armani

I stood under my shower head, letting the water run off of my shower cap on down my back. My 90's R&B played in the background, setting the best vibe.

Waking up a few hours early just to spend most of the time in the shower is the best way to start my day.

Who doesn't love a nice long shower?

My phone rang from my bedroom, pausing my music.

"Who the hell?", I asked myself, opening the shower door.

I grab my fluffy towel, wrapping it around myself, and slowly walk into my room.

An unknown number was calling, and with a raised eyebrow, I answer it.

"Hello?", I say, curious as to who was on the other end.

"Hey, baby.", the love of my life responds, making my heart skip a beat.

"Hi, Dean.", I coo, cheesing like a dummy.

"How've you been, my love?", Dean asks me, and the butterflies from high school begin to slowly flutter around in my stomach.

"I've been better. Just keeping myself busy and my mind occupied.", I answer.

"That's good. I miss you so much, 'Mani.", he tells me.

"I miss you more. This house is too big for just me."

"That's impossible, but alright." I laugh softly.

A good 30 minutes passes of us talking and catching up on life before a voice is heard speaking in the background of the call, interrupting our conversation.

"I'm on the phone.", he tells whoever it is.

I guess the person asks with who, because Dean tells them, "With my wife."

"Babe..", he eventually says, coming back to our conversation. "Hmm?"

"I gotta go, but I'ma call you again when I get a chance, okay?" I nod as if he could see me.

"Alright. I love you.", I respond. "I love you too, baby."

And with that, I hang up.

Going back to the running shower, I get back in before the water could get cold.

After being on the phone with Dean, I grew vulnerable. I felt alone. I needed companionship.

But I'm married. I made a vow. A vow that I'll keep.