Chapter 10

I quickly clock in and put my stuff in my locker.

I was in a rush to see if I had been assigned to the solitary confinement unit as I had theorized.

Just as I expected, written in pen next to my name was "Solitary Confinement Unit. Until further notice."

"He really does run this.", I whisper to myself, earning a couple of side eyes from other officers.

I eventually make my way to the SC unit, honestly proud of myself for figuring this out.

It wasn't much, but still.. I felt so accomplished.

After a fairly long walk, I was unlocking the door to enter the solitary unit.

I expected a dungeon or something, but in reality, it was exactly like the regular blocks.

With my roll paper in hand and the handle to a small cart in the other, I walk towards the first cell, only for Kobe's face to pop into view.

"Fuck my life.", I mumble, and make a quick left so that I could start from the other side and end here.

"Wright?" I hand him his tray and go on to the next cell.

"Carter?" I do the same.

"Morris?" Once again, I do the same.

"I told you I'd see you.", Kobe's voice says once I'm close enough.

Nodding, I respond, "Yes, you did. You really do run this, huh?"

He nods and I give him his tray.

"Inside and out.", he answers simply. "I did this because I know you need me."

I mindlessly scrunch my face up.

"For what?", I question and he tilts his head.

"Think about our first conversation in the kitchen. Every woman has needs, Armani.", he tells me.

"See yeah, 'cause no. You're crazy.", I mumble, turning around.

"2 months is a long time.", he says and my ears perk up.

"How do you know all of this?", I ask him, not bothering to turn around.

"Wait- don't answer that. Let me guess. You run this shit?"

Laughing, he says, "You must be a fast learner."

"But come back over here, I gotta tell you something."

"No, I'm good.", I respond, walking away.

"Has anyone ever told you that you're the prettier sister? Alani has nothing on you."

"I just know you fuckin' lying.", I mumble, turning around.

"The King knows everything, babygirl.", he tells me and I reach for my walkie talkie tucked in my pocket. I cannot deal with this shit all day.

"I wouldn't do that if I were you.", Kobe says and I freeze.

"One word from me and you're gone. Out of here. Bye-bye."

"Yeah, you're crazy.", I tell him and his face quickly changes.

"That's your last time calling me crazy, okay?"

"Or what?", I taunt, walking back up to his cell and stopping right in front of it. "You're crazy, insane, deluded, coo-coo, loco, shall I continue?"

His hand grips the door and I simply stare in amusement.

"Was I supposed to be scared?"

However, my demeanor quickly changes when he pulls the door open.

"Oh God..", I mumble and his large hand quickly grips my neck.

Out of instinct, I begin punching and kicking him, only to be pulled inside and slammed into a wall.

"I'm not tryna hurt you, Armani.", he says, but I keep fighting.

He positions his lower body so that it was restricting my legs and grabs both of my small wrists in the other, pinning them above my head.

"Calm down.", he whispers into my ear, biting it afterwards.

"I'm not about to fuck an inmate.", I tell him, trying to wiggle out of his hold.

"You right.", he responds, peppering kisses around my neck in which he still had a good grip on.

"An inmate is finna fuck you, though."