Chapter 13

A Few Weeks Later...

Weeks passed of nothing but pure sex.

Every day of his solitary confinement, I ended up butt naked in his cell.

After about the fourth time, I quit trying to end the relationship and just let it play out.

I was always told that every bad thing comes to an end, but I was actually starting to question it.

Is this really a bad thing?

My husband still had another month until he would be home, so that gives me enough time to break this off for real.

It was quitting time for me, and yes, we had fucked already today.

I clock out and make my way to my locker.

"Armani?", A stern voice from behind me called out as I grabbed my belongings.

Turning around, I'm met with none other than my buddy Gram.

"Can I talk to you on your way out?" I nod and sling my backpack across my shoulder, following him outside.

"So, what's up?", I ask him, curious as to why I haven't seen him in so long.

"I've been doing some research.", he answers and my heart drops.

Playing dumb, I ask, "On what?"

"Have you been sleeping with NoCap?", he questions lowly and I pretend to look shocked.

"Of course not!", I lie and Gram stares at me blankly.

"I already know, Armani. But I'm not turning you in or anything.", he tells me and I give him a look of relief.

"From a friend to a friend, you need to end that before it gets too far.", he adds. If only you knew...

"Umm, how did you know?", I ask him and he smiles.

"Did you notice that I haven't been around as much as usual?" I nod.

"Well, I'm not as young as I used to be," he laughs softly, "so I'm in the camera room, supervising everything and making sure nothing goes down."

"I literally had eyes on everything except for SC. And I didn't until during your lunch break. I also noticed that you're a rookie and you aren't supposed to even be over there.", he continues. Told y'all...

We eventually reach the parking garage and Gram drops me off by my car.

"Remember what I told you, Armani. Put your safety first.", he says and I nod.

"I hear you. Tomorrow's the day."

He gives me a thumbs up and a strong "Good luck" before walking away.

As soon as I got home, I went straight to my shower.

I slowly washed the day's activities and infidelity off of me, humming along to the music playing from my bedroom.

Once I was done, I stayed in and enjoyed the water as it flowed gently down my body.

My thoughts began to take over and I eventually started planning how I was gonna break things off with Kobe.

"My husband is coming home soon, so we have to end this now.", I say to the wall, shaking my head afterwards. Not good enough...

"Someone knows, we have to end this now." He's gonna get Gram fired...

Finally, as I come to an agreement with a good line, my doorbell rings.

I climb out and put my fluffy robe on and slide my feet into some slippers before padding downstairs.

"Who is it?", I ask aloud, only for them to knock again.

"I swear, if this is a Jehovah witness.", I mumble and swing the door open.

"Dean?"