Chapter 7

A Few Hours Later...

I walked into the prison kitchen, a little later than I was supposed to.

Gram had just assigned me to supervise the kitchen inmates.

Apparently, he noticed that I was a little out of it, so he gave me something that took the least effort.

I simply sat in the corner, watching everything from a distance.

Before I know it, my head was resting in my hands and I was damn near asleep.

"So we meet again.", a deep voice says, scaring the shit out of me.

Without turning my head, I make the voice out to be Kobe's.

"Come again?"

"I said.. so we meet again.", he repeats and I raise an eyebrow.

"We didn't meet the first time.", I retort.

Chuckling, he tells me, "You're a feisty one, I see."

I give him a dry shrug.

"So you got a husband.", he says, gesturing to the ring mark on my left finger.

"Don't you have something to be doing?", I question, still not looking at him.

He holds his chest, signaling he was hurt.

"Damn, I guess you really ain't had none since Dean left."

I finally look at him and he was already staring down at me. What the fuck?

"How do you know his name?", I ask him.

Smiling, he tells me, "I got connections, Ms. Armani."

"I know you get lonely, too. You're probably tense as hell.", he adds, gripping my thigh.

"I'm fine.", I respond, moving his hand.

"If you were mine, I'd never leave you alone.", he says, and I laugh.

"You do realize that you just said that while in prison, right?" He nods.

He squats down so that he could whisper in my ear.

"Every woman has needs, Armani.", he whispers, placing his hand on my lower back.

"Once again, I'm good.", I tell him, moving his hand again.

"You're way too fine to be working at some cheap ass prison. You need to be modeling somewhere.", he continues.

"Especially with a body like this. I hope you don't think these clothes were hiding yo' shape."

Not gonna lie, I was actually listening to what he was saying now.

As he spoke, his hand gripped my chin, turning my face towards him.

However, I came back to earth before anything could happen.

"I'm happily married and I would also like to keep my job.", I tell him, taking his hand off of my face.

"Trust me, Armani, the prison system is hands down the most corrupt establishment."

"Whatever, Crawford. I suggest you get back to work.", I tell him, and he raises his hands in surrender.

"Alright, Mrs. Officer. Just remember, NoCap runs this shit.", he responds, kissing the air.

Rolling my eyes, I wave him off.

And everything began to escalate from there.