2

Harry's POV
I don't even know where I'm going, everything is blurry and I can't control my body. I just keep running until I know I'm safe from Louis and his pestering questions. I have to lean up against a tree to keep myself from falling over, I'm so out of breath I feel like I'm underwater and seeing stars at the same time. My legs are mushing like broken jello so I turn around and place my back to the tree trunk and slowly sit down. With every short intake of breath all I can feel like the burning pain shooting through my spine.

I quickly reach for my bag to grab my medication. Looking in the bag I don't see my prescription. Shit. Shit. Shit. There was absolutely no way I was going to be able to move anytime soon without my pain medicine. I already feel like throwing myself off a bridge just to get rid of this pain.

I lean into the bark closing my eyes and resting my head in a tiny hole, thankfully it took some pressure off of my back. Great, I'm halfway through this episode. Hopefully.

When I finally control my breathing I open my eyes to a beautiful sight. A soft sunset that was being reflected off of the crystal blue water of a lake.  I could hear the soft rustle of little critters making their way home to their families, I saw a cute little bunny and it instantly reminded me of Louis. The spontaneous energy, adorable whiskers, bright happy eyes. I picked up my camera and positioned it for the perfect shot.

As I was looking through the lense getting the perfect angle, I saw many more things that looked like Louis in alternative forms. The rays of dim sunlight poking out, the crystal blue water matching his eyes, even the scent smelt like Louis cologne.

I tried to stand up and reposition myself for my last shot and I was pulled right back into reality as the entire backside of my rib and shoulder seized in roaring pain. I nearly dropped my camera when I fell back into the base of the tree.

Sitting there, shaking in pain and being reminded of Louis whenever I looked up seemed to be a cruel punishment. The fact that I can't escape him makes me angry. He has no right to make a little pain seem like the end of the world or that I'm going to die from it. I felt this more than ever now. It shouldn't be so hard to hide this from him.

The anger inside of me must have made me immune to pain because I got up and started making my way back to our shared dorm with determination. I've tried too hard to not let people treat me differently because of my back, certainly Louis. I will become a master at hiding any pain. I have to get better at it.

Louis POV

Where the hell is he going? I know Harry's schedule like the back of my hand and he doesn't have another class until tomorrow afternoon. I start running after him, trying to think of anything he could possibly be up to. I know for ads the wasn't rushing home to get ready for a hot date because ever since he came out as bisexual he says it's just weird to go out with someone you don't already know.

Unfortunately, Harry was gifted with the longest legs known to mankind and I can't even see him anymore even though I just ran faster than an Olympian.

I find myself lost outside of the library panting like a dog when I see something familiar. An orange and white bottle next to a bush. It can't be what I think is, I mean the chances of that being what was in Harry's bag have to be like one to a billion right?

I bend down to pick up the bottle. The label is so faded I can hardly read the name on the bottle.  Finally, I am able to make out a read. Harry Styles.
That fooking liar! What's even worse is what is in the bottle. Hydrocodone.

The last time Harry was prescribed this was three years ago after he had to be hospitalized due to major, uncontrollable, painful back spasms. What was he doing having this in his bag? Has Harry been in pain for so much longer than just today? Is he even taking this medication or is it just in his bag for emergencies? That can't be right, I would have noticed it before today.

I don't know much about what this drug is supposed to do besides be a pain killer, but thankfully I'm next to the campus library.

A simple google search of the drug name nearly makes me faint, the side effects, addiction, expiration date. Holy shit. These pills were nearly two years expired. These pills could kill Harry. Kill him.

I can feel the tears jolt to my eyes at the thought of Harry passing away. The world would be so dull, boring, useless with him here. I have to make sure Harry gets better. I need him here. I have to get better at detecting when something's wrong with him.

I end up spending the next three hours studying anything and everything I can't find dealing with back pain and how to help it, filling the last of my notebooks with notes I may need. When I got kicked out of the library due to its closing I started heading back to our dorm room. I have determined I'm ready to get Harry the help he needs. I know he can't go on with his life when he is in so much pain, and I can't live watching Harry in pain.