13

Louis POV
Thankfully no one else has figured out this little oasis or least they don't come camping here. The minute I reached this place I was overcome with this sense of calmness. Unlike the last time, I was here and could only see very little of what was right in front of me and there was no wind rustling the wind, just calmness.

I found this tree on the other side of the pond and even though it was covered with dirt it looked to create a perfect place to sleep, a little divot in the ground surrounded by thick tree roots almost creating a barrier. I laid down a towel I managed to grab on my way out of our- my old apartment and one of the many sweatshirts of my pillow, then quickly got comfortable and pulled a blanket on top of my exhausted body.

I feel like I'm back in grade school when I used to lay outside every Friday night just to be close to nature, I would look up in the night sky and just wonder about my future. I always believed the sky told a story and eventually that's how Lottie and I believed in the whole soulmates and stars thing. I wish I remembered that sooner before I glanced up expecting to see beautiful constellations filling the sky. The emptiness filled the sky, not one single star. It's all just a simple reminder of what I've done. The darkness is similar to what's running through my heart.

with everything that's happened in the last 36 hours, my body was absolutely shit. I couldn't feel my limbs anymore. They felt like they were made of cement and mentally my brain has been doing extensive exercise as well. All it would take is a simple close of the eyes and would be out like a light. A close of the eyes and I can escape reality for a bit. And within seconds my entire body relaxed and I drifted to a place full of dozens of beautiful stars.

*9 hours later*

I finally stirred awake from the tiny glimpse of sunshine shining through the trees. It's always been hard to get out of bed but this morning I really, really didn't want to have to wake up. Waking up means my brain will activate again and I don't want to face that. I silently thank myself for being too exhausted to dream as I slept, never has complete blankness ever been so nice.  So as I'm still me, I went back to sleep, to blank peacefulness.

The next time my eyes opened it was due to crunching, almost like footsteps stepping in the foliage. Footsteps. Crap, I jumped up and threw everything back into my bag not even caring about the clumps of dirt that I threw in there as well. I zipped up my bag and raced to the bench not too far away and sat down, hopefully, if anybody saw me they would think I'm just relaxing after a practice which would make sense for my bag.

It had been probably close to an hour and nobody has come into the lake area, I was probably safe. This made me realize though, I can't stay here all day every day even if I wanted to. People would get suspicious, plus my phone has already died and since we don't live in a world where trees can conduct electricity I don't have a place to charge it.

I decide to walk into town and find a coffee shop so I can charge my phone. I hadn't realized how starving I was but then again I don't remember the last time I even ate yesterday? The day before? All I know is I ordered a giant cup of tea and the largest bowl of Mac and Cheese this place offered. Oh my god, that sounded delicious. It doesn't take long before my food arrives and my phone finally turns on. Suddenly I don't want to check it. So I placed at the edge of the table and turned to the window which was laced with the midday drizzle of London. At least I wasn't the only thing in the world that wasn't all sunshine.

By 3:00 pm I realized I've probably overstayed my welcome here and started to gather my things. I eye my phone, still connected to the charger but still far enough away for me not to look at my notifications. Is it twisted that I'm kinda hoping I see a text or call from Harry, I just wanna know he's okay? I decide it's time and I grab the phone, stuff my charger in my bag and throw it over my shoulder and leave the coffee shop clutching the device in my hands.

As soon as I step onto the public street I check my home screen, 3 Instagram notifications, 5 Facebook alerts, but only one text message. And even worse it's from my mom
" Are you sick honey, your professor emailed me saying you weren't in any classes today?
      - love, Mom"

How could I even forget about my classes? I really didn't think this whole thing through. I quickly sent a quick reply

" yeah, I think it's the flu. I'm sorry I didn't text you earlier"

Within seconds I got a response

" oh my baby, I hope you feel better soon!"

" also is Harry sick as well he didn't show up either according to Anne and she can't get ahold of him"

Shit. How am I supposed to cover for Harry? Why didn't Harry go to classes today? Why hasn't hardy texted his mom there practically BFFs? I can't help it, I have to cover for him or else both of our mothers will come down and we'll have to explain all of this, and by god that's the last thing we- I need to do.

" Yeah, he's been sleeping all day probably just hasn't looked at his phone, I'll tell him to call Anne right away"

"Thank you, I know she'll appreciate it! I hope you both feel better soon, sleep well and have a movie marathon you know being around people you love helps you get better!"

Oh dear, there she goes again. I swear she believes in the weirdest things, but that's what I love about her. But if only she knew the reason why I'm "sick" is because of the person I love.
Wait for what? What did I just say?

I love him.
I love him.
I really, truly, love him. And it's not in the way I loved him when we met. Or when I thought that best friends could be soulmates and not romantic. But I LOVE HIM.

Oh god, what have I done?