35

Louis POV

I take a step back and admire my work. It's better than I could have ever imagined. It has taken forever to get right and endless trips back home to Doncaster to gather everything, but it is definitely worth it. I go back into the kitchen and put a kettle on the stove to prepare my nighttime tea. Just as the whistling starts to appear I hear my phone buzz. Quickly I pour the boiling water into my cup and place my teabag in it before I grab my phone.

From Ann: Hey! How are things going back there?

Me: things are so good, I just finished actually, it looks amazing!"

Ann: That's incredible and perfect timing, Dr. Irwin thinks Harry will be able to come home tomorrow!"

Me: OMG, REALLY?!?

Ann: Yes!

Me: This is amazing, do you know around what time y'all will be back?

Ann: Probably around Dinner time but I'll keep you updated tomorrow."

Me: Perfect!

I have to make Harry's grand entrance back into something special, something he will never forget. There is so much he has had to miss out on while staying in the hospital, like good food and the ability to build pillow forts and sing at the top of his lungs, not to mention he hasn't been able to go out and take photos at all. That's probably the thing he misses the most but doesn't realize it yet.

I have ideas that should, in theory, be easy to execute before tomorrow night. I only have the basic outline running throughout my head so I go on my phone and open Pinterest. Without it, I have no doubt that I would never be able to pull this off, but instead, I'm able to write a list of everything I need and leave it on the counter so I can easily find it in the morning so I can go to the store and buy everything.

---

My alarm blares across the room breaking the serene quietness that formally occupied the space I hate early mornings with every cell in my body. I get up to shut off the contraption with every intent to just crawl back into bed and go back to sleep. The silence that refilled my bedroom was a blessing to my tired body. I pulled my covers back up over my entire body until I successfully turned into a human burrito. yummmm, a burrito. The thought of food made my tummy grumble agreeing to the idea.

Food. food. FOOD! my memory came pouring back into my head, I have to head to the store this morning. My franticness to get up caused me to get trapped inside my blankets as I tried to kick my legs and arms out of its small cocoon but in the end, I just ended up falling off the bed and hitting the floor with a thump. My but is definitely going to be sore after that. I roll in one simultaneous direction until I'm free of my blanket burrito and stand up.

I quickly head to my closest and grab a classic light grey t-shirt then head to my dresser and pull out a pair of skinny jeans. I don't have time to do my hair so i leave it messy. I throw on my checkered vans, grab my phone and wallet then head to the kitchen and grab my list. I recheck it one last time and grab my keys then I am out the door. I remember to lock it, thankfully I've gotten into the habit of doing it knowing it will make Harry happy. It really is the little things that count.

When I get into the car the dash reads 7:09, I text Ann to see if there are any new updates on Harry's release before I start the car and drive off.

First, I arrive at the home outlet store. I need to grab the items that I can leave in the car for a while before I go and buy the perishables. I walk in and grab a cart, I'll definitely be needing it. I head down the rug aisle and grab the fluffiest, softest, and potentially the largest rug I can find. Istiggle to get it into the cart seeing as it's larger than I am but eventually it makes it in and goes to grab some matching throw pillows. While walking down I spot a bean bag chair and I just know i have to get it, it perfectly fits the theme!