28

Louis POV

She was walking up to me now and I feel like crawling in a hole. What if she hates me? What if she blames me for not taking care of Harry? What if she tells me to leave? That just can't happen. Oh god, I guess this is happening.

She stood right in front of me, looking down at me with a look in her eyes I don't quite recognize. I guess I should speak first then.

"Hi" I said hesitantly.

She stepped back and slightly pulled at one one of my hands, gesturing for me to stand up so I did. She pulled me tightly into a hug.

"I'm so glad you made it" I'm shocked. I don't let go of her instead, letting her make the call when she's ready to let go. She must be so exhausted today dealing with Harry all by herself.

"You're not mad?"

" oh, no honey of course not."

"Huh?"

She pulled away and gestured to the chairs, one in which I had just stood up from.

" let's have a little chat shall we?"

"Yeah, okay"

I don't know where to start and I don't think Ann does either as we sit in silence. Finally, I could keep quiet anymore.

"How is he?" The desperation was clear in my voice l, I was one thought away from crying.

" I knew you wouldn't last long Tomlinson"

I looked at her pleading for an answer.

" The last time I saw him he was... he was okay"

"Okay? What do you mean by okay" I could feel the tears start to fill in my eyes and I know Ann can see them as well. She grabbed my hand and gave it a comforting squeeze.

" he was okay. He's nervous but that's to be expected. All of his pre-op work is good so the survey should be really smooth."

" so he's really okay this morning he wasn't freaking out or trying to back out of it?"

" well, right before they wheeled him he started crying a little bit, I'm not sure why but he calmed down and said he was ready then they wheeled him out"

" I'm so sorry Ann" I didn't try to hide my tears, I just kept my voice quiet to not scare the others around me.

" what are you sorry for, you did the right thing."

" how? I left him when he was at his worst, I left you to deal with the broken piece I shattered on the floor. Nobody deserves that."

" Let me tell you something, Louis. You know Harry as well as I do if not better. Do you really think we would be sitting here right now as Harry is getting treated if you would have stayed and taken care of him?"

Honestly, I'm pretty sure I knew the answer. He wouldn't have. I mean I kinda have proof that the only he decided to do this treatment was to get me back.

" but I should have left him. Not like that. I could have done something to help him."

" Even if you dragged him to see a doctor, even if he was one his death bed in pain, as long as you were by his side he wouldn't have done anything because he already would have had everything he wanted. You. While leaving the way you did wasn't the greatest thing, I think Harry was so caught off guard by you leaving that he would have done anything to get you back, even if it was his worst fear."

I simply nodded and just looked forward, I kept a grip on her hand, I don't know who needed it more, me or her.

—-