4

Louis POV
I tried to stop the stream of tears that keep falling from my eyes but they won't stop. The thought of losing Harry over something so stupid as taking expired medicine is digging a trench in my heart. Thank god the library closes at 9:00 so it's dark enough nobody can see me.

I'm not ready to go home quite yet. If I go home in this state I'll end up eating my feelings and crying in bed with a bunch of ice cream containers and cookie wrappers, and that would be if Harry wasn't home yet. If he was I would either sob into his shoulder and profess my undying love for him, which would probably get me killed, or I might just end up punching Harry for being such a stubborn coward.

So instead I walk down an old paved path that is near the exit of the library grounds. There are little antique street lights illuminating the ground just enough for me to see it. I don't know exactly where I'm going but at least it's not anywhere near Harry.

After about twenty minutes off walking the trails stop and I look up. Wow. This might be the most beautiful place I've ever seen. It looks straight out of a diary world, a lake with whimsical trees and flowers reflecting off of the surface. Little colorful birds flying from tree to tree. It's so pretty underneath the moonlight. There are also some more of the Annie lights that were on the path making an outline of the lake. I felt like I was dreaming.

I sat down on a bench I found at the edge of the lake. I forced myself to gather my thoughts and calm down. Harry was not going to die. I am going to help him. I will take care of him so he doesn't hurt anymore. I just kept repeating the words to myself. If anybody saw me they might call the police about some weird dude whispering to himself on a dimly lit park bench.

When I felt the tears stop, I wiped my cheeks and let out a deep breath, releasing most of the pent up anxiety today has brought on. I took this time to memorize my surroundings. I never want to forget this place or its beauty.

instant thoughts of Harry flooding into my head, he would love to have a Photoshoot here. He is super talented and he has a big photography final coming up at the end of the semester. I could see him standing right over there behind a big tree moving around to get the view from all different angles, telling me to do lame, embarrassing poses for him. I could see the smile he would have when he looked back and found the perfect photo.

I could slowly feel my heart rising from the deep trench it was in.  Whenever Harry was happy I was happy, he is like my drug. I'm addicted to him.

I felt a single tear run down my cheek and snapped back into reality. I didn't mean to start crying again, I came here to stop crying. But I think this time it was a happy tear, imagining a perfect life with Harry. When I finally looked back up it was dark, really dark. I looked at my watch and saw the time 11:30 pm.  Sh*t I have to get home it's already past curfew.

I got up and found my way back to the path that led me to this oasis, at least I hope it's the same path, and started walking back. It took another fifteen minutes but I was standing back in front of the library, the home was only a few more minutes away. Well technically the place I lived was a few minutes away but the home was wherever Harry was and there was no telling where he was.

When I got back to the building I rushed up the stairs and put the key in the lock and twisted it. It was unlocked, weird, I know I locked it before Haz and I left for class and he knows the rule of always keeping the door locked even when we're home. I hesitated before opening the door but decided I probably shouldn't be standing in the hallway when the curfew is in less than five minutes.

I don't know what I was expecting when I walked through the door but it certainly was not Harry sitting there on our couch looking like he just got away with robbing a bank. Instantly anger preached through my veins.

How dare he be okay. How dare he run off like that and not text me. How dare he come home and leave the front door unlocked, he could have been robbed. Harry must have seen the look on my face because his perfect features began to fall slightly. I couldn't do this, I can't look at him right now, not when I know something is wrong with him and he's acting as nothing happened.

I close the door pausing before I lock it, hopefully, Harry gets the message here. I back around, throw my keys in the counter and make a b-line to my bedroom, not even bothering to look at Harry.

"Lou-"

"Harold stop, I don't want to hear it"

Everybody knows Harry's name isn't really Harold but he knows I call him that when I'm angry with him.

I finish the short walk to my room and walk-in, almost slamming the door behind me. I make sure to lock the door so I don't get killed by any intruder that Harry will seemingly allow into our apartment. Also so Harry can't walk in on me. Lord knows I would slap him silly right now.

I thought I could do it, see Harry and instantly be able to help him. Instead, I'm a ball of anger that he thinks hiding his pain is okay. That he thinks he can get away with it with me. The fact that Harry doesn't know he's only hurting himself by acting like this. I want to wash the stubborn out of the damn kid.

I sit back on my bed and pull out the notes I made earlier in the library, I look over them again and tell myself that tomorrow I start my intervention. Harry will admit he's in pain and he is going to get help, even if I have to drag the giant ogre-sized man to a doctor myself. I slam my notebook closed and turn off the light in my room. The only thing left I can see are the stars and moon in the sky.