Epilogue

A/N: Thought I would give such a long story an Epilogue, especially considering that there's a reboot out, so I thought I might as well make a in-story justification for the reboot.

Jason - 10 Years Later

As I walked through The Valley of Mines I reflected back on my past during my darkest times. To think I had people who I could consider a friend back then seemed almost unreal. Ash Ketchum and Serena Yvonne - an old tale I like to recount to myself when I'm bored.

The first day of school is when it all began. It was obvious to anyone that Serena had a crush on Ash - the dense but talented trainer. The two had a close bond, but every love story has their roadblocks. Calem Xavier was a vengeful and jealous boy.

Ever since the beginning, I could see the thoughts and ideas formulating in his head. And somehow, they had worked. For a time, Serena and Calem had become a thing. However, true love finds its way and things returned to normal not long after. Ash worked his way through the Kalos region, battling all eight gyms and eventually winning. Then the time came - the Kalos League, and the couple's biggest roadblock. If Ash were to lose, then he would most likely move on from Kalos, which worried and stressed Serena.

After a bit of decision making and some encouragement from Aria, I eventually decided to enter the Kalos League under an anonymous personality. I easily defeated Alain in the Semi-Finals while Ash defeated Sawyer. The time came, and it was down to just my Mega Charizard and Ash-Greninja.

Ash commanded for Greninja to use Double Team and I countered by having Charizard mow the clones down. Charizard quickly flew up and avoided another attack from Greninja. Knowing time was running out, Ash commanded for one last attack - a full power Water Shuriken.

In response, my Charizard fired off its most powerful Flamethrower and the two attacks clashed, forming a massive explosion that clouded the battlefield and the result in smoke

In my head, I knew I lost. I had never expected to win the Kalos League in the first place, and I was honestly hoping Ash would win, but when the smoke cleared my head spun at the result. Everyone was shocked as well that Ash and Greninja's large and powerful final attack had been defeated, and that Charizard had won.

"I'm sorry it had to be this way" I had said under my breath as I returned Charizard and turned to walk away. From the crowd, I could see Serena's depressed facial expression and that she was holding back tears.

Twenty-seven months later, Ash returned to the Kalos region after a long stay in the Galar region. He had become the champion of Kanto while Serena went on to become Kalos Queen. At first, Serena rejected Ash's return due to her heartbreak. After some convincing on my part - which I felt I had to do, since I partly blamed myself - Serena eventually accepted Ash and the two became a couple.

School finished and Serena was officially crowned Kalos Queen. Nine years later, and one year ago, they became married. I haven't heard from them since the wedding, but I can tell they're doing alright. Calem's death is still a mystery to me, and it all only came down to one conclusion. No one else had killed him.

"Sir! Over here!" a miner called out as their Bunnelby dug up the last of the hole they were drilling.

I turned and walked towards them, my cape a couple of inches away from the ground. I knelt down next to them; I had finally found the two stones I had been looking for. One was green, and the other was red. After some more of Hoopa's shenanigans, I had had an encounter with the Pokemon Palkia and Dialga. There was an existential threat, and if the two stones weren't recovered, then reality itself was in danger.

All the events between Ash and Serena flowed through my head, and I knew somehow that I was going to be able to see them all again soon - but in a different way.

I made a fist around the two stones, and they glowed brightly, the light even escaping from my tight hold. Around me, I saw everything visibly slow down, and I could picture a clock in front of me, with its gears moving counterclockwise. There was a bright white flash, and the last thing I saw was Palkia and Dialga battling some mythical Pokemon shrouded in darkness. Alternate realities had been something I discovered not that long ago, but to be able to view them... that was a special privilege.

It was like watching a movie, and I could see a moving truck pull up to a house across from another familiar one. As I saw a blonde-haired girl poke her head out the window to watch a raven-haired boy jump out the moving truck, I understood what I was watching.

One more time, this is the story of the talented but dense Ash Ketchum, and the graceful and persistent Serena Yvonne.

Read Now: https://www.wattpad.com/827801112-pokemon-academy-bonds-of-amour-chapter-1-destinies