☾ malejandro

i recommend reading this in dark mode:)

POV. ALEJANDRO
i rubbed my little brother's back as his sniffles slowly decreased. i hummed a song to him, a song my mom used to sing me when i was young, and still sings to him to this day. the thunder came again, emiliano winced. i used every instinct in my body not to do the same. the storms have always freaked me out. it seems like as i got older, nobody was there to help me get through it and the fear just grew worse and worse. i usually stay in my room during the storms. i don't want emiliano to know that i am afraid as well, because when mom and dad aren't home, i have to help him through it. i heard my little brother start to cry again as the rain started to come down harder.

"shh shh shh it's alright." i comforted him, i hummed a little bit louder in hopes that he would calm down and go to sleep. he did. i notice his sniffles stopped, and his tears were drying on his face. the light from the lightening flashed through the window causing me to wince, tears rolling beginning to roll down my face. i tucked emiliano in and pressed a kiss to his forehead before turning out his light and leaving the room. when i got into my room the window was still open from earlier, when it's wasn't storming outside. drops of rain were caught on my windowsill as my curtains flew every which way. it really wasn't as intimidating as it sounds, i was just extremely sensitive to this kind of stuff. i always have been and i always will be. it's something people would never expect from me, to have nervous breakdowns and anxiety attacks over a thunderstorm. i slammed my window shut as quick as i could before backing away from it. my curtains drifted down, the wind no longer moving them. i needed a distraction. i sat in the corner of my room and grabbed my phone from the charger.

TEXT FROM: MADRE💞

MADRE💞:
hi mijo. how is emi??
is he asleep? the storm is
pretty bad right now. your
dad and i are gonna stay at
your aunties house tonight.
it's too rainy. love you mijo

i sighed before setting my phone down. the thunder roared through my room as i covered my ears and rocked back and forth in the corner. it was a saturday night and instead of doing something fun i was having a nervous breakdown. i went onto snapchat and watched a couple stories before it went to mattia's story. him, robert, and roshaun were out tonight. i knew they were hanging out tonight, so it was no shocker to me when i saw a video of them messing around and doing a dance in the storm. i slid up on mattias story. "lmao y'all some clowns" tears kept streaming down my cheeks as the flash from the lightening would illuminate the room. i got a snap back from mattia and opened it.

SNAP FROM: MATTIA POLIBLIO
lmao. what are you doing tonight? no plans on a saturday??

i chuckled at the irony of that text. trust me mattia, i'm mighty busy right now. i was interrupted from my thoughts as i got an incoming facetime from mattia. i answered without hesitating, desperate for a split second of company, forgetting that i was a complete teary eyed mess.

"yo ale you want us to come swoop you-" mattia stopped mid sentence, once he looked at the screen. i wasn't listening to him to notice that he had stopped speaking. i had my eyes squeezed shut as i attempted to drown out the noise of the thunder by singing the song to myself. "a-alejandro. what's wrong? ale..." i completely ignored mattia, using all my focus on staying as sane as i could. i couldn't do it. i broke down in tears when the thunder got louder. i heard the three beeps indicating that a call was ended. i stayed i the corner, singing myself the song for the next 15 minutes. nothing was helping. usually i could get myself to a state where i was ok as long as i was in my room. right now i couldn't do anything. i was freaking out, and the storm was only getting worse. i heard three knocks in my door and instantly wiped my face. emiliano couldn't see me like this.

"alejandro... what's wrong?" mattia walked into my room, kneeling down to where i was sitting in the corner.

"y-y-you weren't s-supposed to see me like t-this" i cried out. now i was embarrassed and confused as to how he got in my house.

"ale. look at me." i put my head down into my hands trying to wipe away my tears but mattia lifted my chin so that i was looking at him. "what is going on?"

"t-the storm" i muttered out before lightening struck again, causing the light to illuminate my room once again. i winced before sobbing into my hands. i felt mattia slump down beside me before he pulled me into his lap and wrapped his arms around me.

"shh shh shh shh i'm here love. you are gonna be okay." i grasped onto the back of his sweatshirt every time the thunder would sound. mattia muttered sweet nothings into my ear, causing me to calm down a little bit, loosening my grip from his hoodie. mattia moves us from the floor to my bed, he layed on the side closest to the window.

"i-i'm sorry" i mumbled

"for what love?" he asked me as his hand ran through my hair.

"you left your plans with the boys because i'm a cry baby." i sighed out. it had only been raining for about twenty minutes straight, no lightening and no thunder.

"alejandro no. can i tell you something?"

"huh?"

"you aren't a cry baby." mattia paused for a long time before taking a deep breath. "b-but i want you to be my baby." my cheeks got hot for a second, before i realized that he was just messing with me.

"i swear you always know how to cheer me up." i told him, forcing a smile. mattia looked at me with a confused look.

"alejandro. i like you. i have for a while now" my face froze in shock. i had had a crush on mattia for a long time now. i just wouldn't of ever acted on it. i tried to act cool around him, i was scared of rejection and didn't feel like being heart broken.

"m-mattia. i like you too. like, i like like you." i chuckled realizing how cheesy and middle school i sounded. mattia smiled at me.

"sometimes it's easier to-" mattia bit his lip nervously. "you know..."

"yea, i know." i smiled at him before leaning into the kiss.

____________________________________

"and ever since that night i have never had to be alone during a storm." i smiled at mattia through the mirror as he drove us to school. us being him, my new neighbor mariano, and i. he had asked about our relationship and i had to let him in on the waterworks.

"damn, i ain't no sap but that shit is cute as hell." mariano chuckled. i smiled at him and we all talked during the rest of the ride. who would of known that one of the worst nights of my year, could flip it around for the better, in an instant.

word count~1270