☾malvaro

POV

POV. alvaro
'mystery of love' by sufjan stevens played through the small record player displayed on my desk. i was cleaning my room before i left to go babysit. a cool breeze rushed through my window, which was cracked the slightest. the sun was just barely setting, causing rays of sunlight to beam through the parts of my window that my curtain didn't cover. i admired the way that the simple floor plant in the corner of my room shined under the light. i would say i am very conscientious. i like to be in the moment, but i am no where near being improvident. i was shook out of my thoughts as roshaun barged into the room.

"alvaro, turn this sad shit off" he exclaimed before plopping down onto his bed.

"it's not sad at all, plus i'm about to leave to go babysit for the johnsons as soon as i finish cleaning." i negotiated with roshaun as he watched tik toks on his phone. once i was done cleaning i grabbed my mcm bag, putting a charger, along with some of my homework in it so that i could work on it while the kiddo was sleeping. "bye ro, i won't be home until late"

"ight, byeeeee" he said, dragging out the word. i walked out of the house and walked a few streets down to the johnson's home. when i got there i was greeted by mrs, johnson. she was frantically trying to put on her necklace, all while giving me instructions and showing me around.

"ma'am, don't worry! your son is safe with me." i smiled at her, in hopes of reassuring her. she slowed down a bit, taking a breath before finally clipping her necklace.

"thank you sweetheart i apprecia-" she was interrupted by mr. johnson as he hurried down the stairs.

"is that mattia?!" he asked excitedly. i looked at him, confused, and so did mrs. johnson. she walked closer to him,

"honey this is alvaro, the babysitter i found for braxton tonight." she told him, placing a hand on his back.

"you told me to find a babysitter-" the commotion was interrupted once again as a doorbell rang. mr. johnson hurried to get the door, revealing a teenage boy around my age. he was tall, and he had features extremely unique to him.

"hello mr. and mrs. johnson" he waved a small wave with a smile.

"shoot." mr. johnson looked between his wife, the boy who i assume is mattia, and i.

"okay, we are running late and we accidentally hired two babysitters so how about you two just do this together and we will pay you both the original amount."

"u-uh yea that's okay with me." i smiled at the married couple.

"no worries, we can work together," the boy said with a smile. "you two go have fun!"

"alrighty, we're sorry! we will see you guys around 12pm." mrs. johnson told us before kissing her toddler goodbye and leaving out the door. a moment of awkward silence enveloped the room as i set down my bag, mattia setting down his keys on the counter as well. babysitting with a stranger has got to be one of the most awkward things i've had to experience. i directed my attention to the toddler who was making grabby hands towards me. i picked the little boy up, his name was braxton.