☾ mairi

i recommend reading this in dark mode:)

POV. MATTIA
i walked through the halls of my high school with alvaro. we were on our way to chemistry, my last class, and at the same time my least favorite class.

"and he was super clingy, ale isn't like that at all which is why i think it's gonna work out great." alvaro rambled on about his love life while i listened... partially... sorta... maybe i wasn't listening at all but it's ok, i hear the same rants about alejandro everyday from him. i was on my phone as i was walking and felt a backpack push into me causing me to drop my phone and stumble backwards a little bit. kairi. he was being taunted again by josh (no hate to josh lol). i pulled kairi back by his back pack, making him stop mid insult and look at me. i looked into his eyes. i missed him, a lot. not a day went by where i didn't miss his presence. his eyes went from the beautiful brown orbs that would mesmerize me everyday, to cold, lerking eyes that could see right through me, and wanted me gone. i told josh off, causing him and his friends to scurry away.

"are you ok?" i asked kairi, almost giving him a hug but deciding not to overstep any boundaries.

"i can stand up for my fucking self." kairi glared at me before walking past me, bumping into my side hard as he went. alvaro looked at me in shock.

"you really fucked him up mattia."

"it's not my fault he is so salty because i said we needed to take a damn break."

"you know, i never wanted to get into this with you but all the boys and i think you were in the wrong." alvaro told me as entered the classroom and sat down in our chairs.

"what the fuck. how?!"

"don't play dumb mattia. we all know why you wanted to take a break. including kairi, hence why he hates your guts." i sighed. i did fuck up, i knew it too. i would cry about it every damn night, but there was nothing i could to to fix it. i couldn't make kairi forget. i couldn't take it back. i told kairi we needed to take a break because i was mad. i knew that it would hurt him, and i didn't even have a reason. i was mad at kairi for making me fall for him. because of him i wasn't at home. i was kicked out of the house and living on my own, paying for everything by myself. at the time i blamed him. but nothing was his fault. he did nothing wrong, he just loved me when i couldn't love myself.

"can we not talk about this right now." i sighed shakily as all the memories came back, good and bad.

"don't make stupid ass comments about kairi like your weren't the problem then." alvaro said before getting out his homework and turning it in. i put my airpods in for the rest of the class and worked silently. i had no idea the boys felt this way about the whole situation. after school i walked home, no stopping to see the boys, or going to get food with them before parting ways. i knew that they would just tell me off if i tried to confront them about everything. when i got home i went straight to my room. i played some music through my alexa while doing my homework, i was doing anything i could to distract me from the fact that i lost my everything. his sweet smile, his small hands that fit perfectly in mine. they would never meet mine again, i was going to have to face it at some point. i was interrupted from my thoughts when i got a text from my little brother.