14- Kurt

I woke up on the floor with boxes all around me. Today I had to talk with the home owners to fully buy the house off of them. I then had to sort out my car and then go to some open day for the high school I was looking at going to.

I finally managed to get all the boxes out of my car and into the house. Thank god I didn't have a lot of stuff since I sold most of it for extra cash. I heard a knock on the door and opened it to seen the house owners. It was quick and snappy and I had sign some stuff and give them some money That mum kindly let me have. After that I drove to some house and sold my car for nearly $40,000 considering it was a cutlass supreme and it was pretty beat up. I then took the bus to another house where I got a new red mustang car using the cutlass money and some extra cash.

I drove back home and got dressed up in some badass looking clothes. I hopped back into the car and sped off to the school. I parked my car and went in. All the kids were snobby and rich. I hated everyone there. I got insulted on my clothes, makeup, musical preferences and even for being smart.
I called it quits, I don't want to be no damn lawyer. No more school for me.
I drove back to my house and started setting everything up. I needed to get a job and I need one fast for bills and furniture.

I eventually got tired from unpacking and drove to a bar I saw called whisky a go go. I walked in and over to a stool by the bar and ordered a vodka. I sat there nearly nodding off until a man with messy blonde hair sat next to me. I ordered another 3 bottles.

"Woah, you might wanna slow down there." I turned my head to the messy blonde and rolled my eyes.
"You're one to say."
He dramatically put his hands on his heart.
"You look like you're about to fall asleep." He replied.
We chatted and he was really down to earth.
"The name's Kurt, Kurt Cobain."
"Hello Kurt, my name is Lynda."
"Pretty name for a pretty girl."
I looked at the floor and blushed.
(Look I know Kurt was still a fetus around then but this is a parallel dimension. Don't come for me.)

He tapped his fingers on the bar table and that triggered me to think of Tommy. How could I forget that I was going to see him today?!?!?

"Kurt, really chill fucking dude. Nice hanging out with you oh and I really dig the denim jacket, I gotta go, I was supposed to meet up with someone if I could get your number."
He wrote on my arm his telephone.

"Who are you meeting with at 2am at night."
"Wait it's 2 am! I need to leave"
"I'll walk you home."
"I brought my car."
"I can drive you home."
"No really it's fine."
"Please I insist, I don't want you running into the wrong crowd around here."
"You lucky you're so eloquently spoken."
I hopped in the backseat of my car while I instructed him where my house was.
"Thanks."
"My house is just around the corner, I'll walk."
"Oh okay, thanks again for tonight."

I ran back to my house and grabbed my phone and called Tommy.
"Hey honey." I slurred into the phone.
He didn't reply to me.
"Look I know you're mad at me and I'm sorry I couldn't make it today, I was caught up in a lot of work and refurnishing for the house."
I heard his heavy breathing on the other end.
"I drove past this cool bar that you and the band should play at. It was called whisky a go go....." I stopped.
"Tommy can I please at least hear your voice?"
"What do you want me to say? Lynda I'm so happy you're living you best life. I hope you have forgotten all of us."
"Tommy it's only been a day!"
"And I bet you're fucking all guys insight."
"What a fucking dick. You know what thanks for the idea, met a guy named Kurt I was gonna be friends with him but considering what you just said I'm going to head over to his house and fuck him!" I screamed into the phone then I hung up and put my pillow and blanket in the corner to use as my bed since I hadn't bought one yet. I drifted off to sleep.
-
-

I woke up the next morning and took some pills to die down my head ache. I walked over to my phone. I got sent a big yellow pages book and looked through the job section. I found a record store was hiring and considered calling them up. I grabbed a highlighter to remember to call them. I wrote Kurt's number on a page so I won't forget.

I went for a shower and got dressed in yellow high waisted dress pants, a brown button up shirt and brown heels. I decided to grab 2 clips and pin back my hair since I wasn't bothered to tease it and kill it with even more hairspray than the day before. I grabbed my white crocheted bag put in some food and drinks and a picnic mat and hopped in the car.

I went cruising around the boulevard trying to locate where this record store was. After going in a couple circles around the place I got bored and started heading down to San Diego.