Chapter||20

Maybe that's the reason I can never find a rider,
Rider, you got a license heartbreak surviver,
Told me that it's my turn babyyy,
Girl I'm really tryna keep my cool,
yeahhh
You saying sorry but that shit is overdue

Maybe that's the reason I can never find a rider,Rider, you got a license heartbreak surviver,Told me that it's my turn babyyy,Girl I'm really tryna keep my cool, yeahhhYou saying sorry but that shit is overdue

Friday 19th October

"So when's the wedding," a clueless Saniya asked after greeting Kairo once he entered her house with a bouquet of flowers, of course.

"Weddings off mama," He replied shrugging as if it didn't bother him, which it did.

"Hell you mean weddings off," she shrieked causing Kairo to cover his year as he looked at his mother as if she was crazy.

"Ma, do you have to shout,"

"Boy shut up, what you mean the wedding off," she slapped the back of his head, wincing from the hard slap because Samira was heavy-handed, he rubbed the part she had hit.

"I mean the weddings off," he laughed at the reaction she gave to his senseless answer.

"Don't make me slap you again boy, what happened," she seriously inquired as they now walked to the kitchen, where she was previously before Kairo interrupted.

"I may have or may not broken up with her," he beat around the bush because he knew how much his mother loved Kamiya.

Kamiya considered Saniya to be the mother she never had. Saniya taught Kamiya things her own mother never such as cooking and teaching her how a man should treat her.

Unfortunately once Kamiya fell in love it was as if all that she had learnt from Saniya had disappeared.

"What," She exclaimed with her mouth open in shock.

"Wh-What happened, why, did you break up with her or did sh-," She rambled on, firing questions left and right.

"Ma slows down, it was just complicated, I think we better off as friends," he lied straight through his teeth at his mother.

"Don't tell me no bullshit like that, I know you and I know Kam," she emphasised giving him look that she knew he was lying.

"I'm serious ma," he lied, again with a shrug as he looked down at the ground.

"You can't lie to me, I'm your mother, come have a seat," she guided him out of the kitchen and into her office.

Saniya was a retired therapist, so she knew all the signs there was to know in a person. She could read a person just by looking in their eyes and that's why both Kamiya and Kairo tried to avoid eye contact with Saniya as much as possible.

"What's on your mind," she sat in front of Kairo in a plush white chair as he sat on the grey couch with the matching fur grey pillows that Kairo loved to hold when sitting down.