Chapter||30

It's too many mothers that's grieving
They killing us for no reason
Been going on for too long to get even
Throw us in cages like dogs and hyenas
I went to court and they sent me to prison
My mama was crushed when they said I can't leave

It's too many mothers that's grievingThey killing us for no reasonBeen going on for too long to get evenThrow us in cages like dogs and hyenasI went to court and they sent me to prisonMy mama was crushed when they said I can't leave

Same day

"I'd like to see my son, his name is Trayvon Bell," Sean ordered to the receptionist as soon as he walked through the police station and to the desk.

"You gone have to wait over there, I'm a Lil busy," The receptionist replied as she pointed to the chair without even looking up from her computer. Sean held a shock expression on his face at how rude she was not just because he was the mayor but as a civilian in general, the lady didn't give him any type of attention or assist him in any way, he felt very disrespected.

"Ma'am I would like to see my son please," He politely asked again as he placed his two hands on the desk holding a stern look in his face.

"And I'm not gone tell you ass ag," She began to rudely explain to him again but as soon as she looked up to speak to the person and roll her eyes at him she noticed it was the mayor and automatically froze. She felt so embarrassed with herself since she had just ignored the mayor while on the job, she awkwardly coughed before putting on a fake smile while Sean continued to mug her.

"As I was saying I would like to see my son, his name is Trayvon Bell,"

"I'm so," she began to explain to Sean on why she was being disrespectful but Sean interrupted her by putting his hand up indicating for her to be silent.

"It's okay, can I just see my son,"

"Yeah sure, uhh can you just sign these papers then you good to go," She handed him papers for him to fill out and a pen.

"Can you please tell me why he's in prison," He wanted to know if the officer had really put that he lied to a police officer and if he added about the traffic stop he had made.

"Assault on a police officer," She announced

"Assault, and what officer was this please," He couldn't believe the officer had really lied but then again he wasn't surprised that he did.

"It was officer Derek Chauvin,"

"Thanks, can I go see him now," Sean gave her back the papers and pen.

"Yeah just go through those doors and put everything you have in the trays," She instructed while pointing to the two big metal doors that stood at the end of the hallway.

"Actually no, how much is bail, I'm tired of this shit," Sean announced turning right back around as spoke to the receptionist.

"Let me see, uhh bail is set at $25,000," She replied causing Sean to hold a shock expression on his face from how high the bail was considering they don't know anything about Trayvon and his income as of yet since it takes a few hours to find those things out, Trayvon didn't even have a lawyer let alone a $25,000 bail.