Chapter||29

I gave 'em chance and chance and chance again, I even done told them please
I find it crazy the police'll shoot you and know that you dead, but still tell you to freeze
Fucked up, I seen what I seen
I guess that mean hold him down if he say he can't breathe
It's too many mothers that's grieving
They killing us for no reason
Been going on for too long to get even
Throw us in cages like dogs and hyenas
I went to court and they sent me to prison
My mama was crushed when they said I can't leave

I gave 'em chance and chance and chance again, I even done told them pleaseI find it crazy the police'll shoot you and know that you dead, but still tell you to freezeFucked up, I seen what I seenI guess that mean hold him down if he say he can't ...

Saturday 15th December

I've now realised that my votes definitely DO NOT match my views so I'm not updating till at least 2 chapters from 12 to now get 100 votes, good luck.😂😂

Kamiya was here once again, she had been here every day for the past two weeks to try and make up for the lost time. Even though she would never get those 5 months back of not seeing her father, Kamiya still brought Aaliyah to see Kairo hoping to get Kairos forgiveness, even though she took a break for own her mental health and the safety of Aaliyah because visiting someone in rehab isn't always the best solution, especially for a 3-year-old.

Just 2 days prior Kamiya had to shield Aaliyah's eyes and cover her ears at the same time because a patient had started to lash out on everyone. That was one of the main reasons she didn't want to bring Aaliyah here but for the sake of Kairo, she did.

"Dada," Aaliyah tan full blast to her father, who stood in the hallway, as if she hadn't just seen yesterday.

"Hey mama, I missed you, did you miss me," He places kisses on her cheek finalising it with a forehead kiss before placing her back on the floor.

"Yes very much,"

"How much, this much," He kneeled down to her level placing his thumb and index finger only cm apart from each other showing Aaliyah.

"No silly, this much," She giggles then spread her arms as wide as they could indicating how much she loved her father.

"I love you that much too baby," He picked her up again spinning her around this time, the whole reception could hear the laughter of Aaliyah while she spun. Some looked in admiration while some looked on in annoyance on why she was making so much noise.

"Hey Kam," Kairo finally acknowledges Kamiya in which she returns with a tight smile.

"So do you have everything packed and ready," She spoke as they walked to the elevator heading to Kairos room.

"Yeah, there wasn't really much in my room anyway,"

"Kairo I really hope this time in rehab changed you for the better," Kamiya was hopeful that Kairo wouldn't go back to where he was a few months ago when he came out of rehab. She promised herself that if it ever happened again she would take herself and Aaliyah somewhere else because it wasn't healthy for her daughter to witness her fathers' actions when he was on drugs. She just hoped it was different this time.