Chapter||23

I found love in you
And I've learned to love me too
Never have I felt that I could be all that you see
It's like our hearts have intertwined and to the perfect harmony
This is why I love you
Ooh this is why I love you
Because you love me
You love me

Sunday 21st October

"I think we should talk," Kairo surprisingly suggested, Kamiya tried to hide the shocked expression on her face but Kairo noticed

"I think we should talk," Kairo surprisingly suggested, Kamiya tried to hide the shocked expression on her face but Kairo noticed. In fact, Kairo was surprised himself for asking that, but he had been dwelling on after they had the conversation.

"Define talking because we may have different ideas of talking, my talking is when we both talk and we both listen and take in,"

"Then that's what my talking is then,"

"Remember Liyah in here so please try not to be disrespectful and start all that cussing you do,"

"Heard you,"

"So where should we begin," Kamiya was glad they could have this talk because it was long overdue.

"Let's start from the beginning shall we," He began.

Kamiya took a deep breath before speaking, she knew that today would determine where they actually stand, even relationship-wise. The things she was going spill may make Kairo look at her differently and the things Kairo is going to spill may make Kamiya look at him differently.

Their either going to be in a better place after today or worse place.

"I was 13 when I first met Nick, I was in the park and I was playing with his nephew, when I got hurt he called Nick over and he helped me, long story short I told him I was a foster kid then his nephew blurted our that he should adopt me, he didn't want to upset me or his nephew so after a few months of fighting for me, he finally adopted me, at first it was all sweet and innocent, I later found out he was a pimp, so he said since I knew I should start, "he started making me do stuff for him and for other men to, then 2 years later I was in charge of everything, I operated the girls as I said before when I turned 15, especially the prostitution business, then 16 I started dating him, well it was kinda forced at first but then I just let it happen and soon it became real, sooner or later I became like his ride or die, girl," She shortened her time with Nick in a matter of minutes to Kairo however, he wasn't satisfied with it.

"So what did you do personally in the whole thing other than overlooking the operation," He shifted so Aaliyah was on one of his legs and checked to make sure that she still had her headphones in her ear and her attention was still on the iPad that was placed in her lap.

"At first it was just me selling drugs and weed to the people at my school and the corner near it, then it gradually went to selling anywhere and to anyone who wanted it," she revealed staring at Kairo to see if his expression changed, surprisingly he still held the same blank expression on his face. Kamiya would've thought he would have a scowl on his face or a look of disgust by now.