Chapter||21

Saw my mama getting weaker, hurt me to my soul
The only man she loved,
how could he do this to his girl?
He put that pistol to her head,
I swear he could've shot her dead
Man, that liquor made him evil
I swear that man ain't have no reason
That shit just turned him to a demon, yeah

Saturday 20th October

5:32 pm

Kamiya sat in the office of one of the many shops she owned, labels. She opened a labels branch nearly a month ago and business was booming, the shop was busy every single day with new and old customers. Kamiya's shop was the go-to shop to get the latest shoes, such as Jordan's or the latest designer clothes.

She was going through some paperwork before the interruption of a knock caused her eyes to divert to the door.

"Come in," she shouted to whoever stood outside the door.

"Mama," Aaliyah shrieked once she saw her mother, she tried wiggled out of Kamiya's assistant arms before she finally put her down.

"Hey baby," Aaliyah ran straight towards her and Kamiya embraced her daughter in a hug and a squeeze.

"Who dropped her off," Kamiya questioned her assistant, Chanique.

"Kairo did, he said there was an emergency at work so he had to go," She informed causing Kamiya to roll her eyes at the mention of him saying work.

"Okay, thanks for bringing her here but I gotta lot of work to do so can you take her to the playroom with the others," She consulted before kissing Aaliyah's face and handing her off to Chanique.

When Kamiya was constructing her shop she decided to get a playroom for all the kids of the staff who couldn't afford daycare or who still worked while daycare was closed. Kamiya was really big on helping her staff and doing everything she can to ensure that they are happy in their place of work.

She thought it would be a nice thing to do because she knew what it felt like to struggle as a kid, so she didn't want anyone close to her to struggle as she did.

The playroom consisted of a flat-screen tv mainly for the older kids who came from school, in the corner it had a mat with toys spread out for the younger children aged 1-3 and other toys such as a playhouse for the other children.

"Yeah sure, if you need me that's where I'll be," She picked up Aaliyah heading towards the playroom where 3 other kids were.

"He always doing this stupid shit," She mumbled to herself getting back to her papers. At this point in life, Kamiya convinced herself she was done with Kairo. The disrespect he has towards her was something she couldn't put up with, the constant neglect, as well as just an, add on.

She hadn't really spoken to Kairo since they had that argument where she gave him the ring back.

She didn't plan on speaking to Kairo anytime soon especially if she had to be the one to reach out to her. Kamiya felt as though she deserved an apology from Kairo, in which she does, but she knew she wasn't going to get one soon.