Chapter||26

Locked up, they won't let me out
And I had a long day in court, shit stress me out
Won't give me a bail, they can't get me out
Now I'm heading to the County, gotta do a bid here
I used to living luxurious, I don't wanna live here
The walls is gray, the clothes is orange
The phones is broke, the food is garbage
Lotta niggas is living with these circumstances

Locked up, they won't let me outAnd I had a long day in court, shit stress me outWon't give me a bail, they can't get me outNow I'm heading to the County, gotta do a bid hereI used to living luxurious, I don't wanna live hereThe walls is gray, the...

A year later

Thursday 29th November

"I brought you some food," Asia's inmate, Savannah announced as she strolled into the cell with two trays in her hand.

Savannah was a young black woman with hair so healthy and beautiful you had a take a second glance when you saw it. Her brown eyes glistened in the sunlight captivating your eyes into hers, a nose piercing ring gracing her face on the right side which her husband happily did himself.

Savannah stood at a solid 5'8 with long thick legs that loved to wrap around her husbands waist who loved to grab every area if possible, but he would laugh at her size 9 feet comparing it to mens.

Asia merely nodded her head as thanks and took the food from her hungrily diving into it that consisted of some white rice and 2 pieces of chicken with broccoli and corn on the cob. A strawberry flavoured jelly was also on the tray with the smallest scoop of ice cream placed next to it.

"Are you ever going to talk, if not to anyone else but at least to me I've been your cellmate for nearly a year now," Savannah hopefully nudged for Asia to talk, it's been nearly a year since she was convicted for murder and since then Asia hadn't muttered a word to anyone inside the prison.

Savannah attempted the best she could to try and help Asia with whatever she was dealing with but it was only so much she could do if Asia wasn't speaking.

Deshawn has Asia set up real nice in prison, he wanted to make it as comfortable as he could the best way he could but still that wasn't cutting it for Asia. She wanted to wake up in her own bed with her children on either side snuggled next to her.

Asia and Savannah shared a room so big that it could fit 2 double beds and still have more room. Deshawn had managed to get his connect to merge some rooms together for Asia to not feel crowded or overwhelmed with how small the cell rooms were and placed a roommate in there to keep her company. He installed a bathroom for them both that consisted of hot water, and some branded dove soap since that's what most prisons lacked these days.

The guards treated Asia like supremacy considering nearly all of them are on his and Kairos payroll. They asked Asia if she needed anything all she had to do was tell them but of course, she would never speak to them.

Asia kept to herself most times throughout the day, the only time she would step out of her cell was to eat and even that she barely did, Savannah would bring her food if she found Asia not eating that day.