Night Shift

BEEP BEEP BEEP BEEP BEEP
"Ughhh" I flop my arm over to the side and hit the snooze button on my alarm clock. I closed my eyes and laid on my back. RING RING RING
I grab my phone on the side table by my bed and answer the call.
"Mai! Where are you! We have to work the night shift together! Get over here!" I hear my best friend's voice, Ranko, say.
"Ok, ok. I'm coming over. Be there in 15."
I hang up the phone and hop out of bed , grabbing my uniform, a blue pencil skirt and a white button down blouse with black heels, and run out the door.
I hail a taxi and get in, telling him the address of the museum. We arrive in ten minutes and I pay him the fee. I get out and go into the museum. As I'm signing in, I hear a familiar voice behind me.
"About time, Mai, I thought you weren't going to show up." I turn around and see Ranko, her hands on her hips, facing me.
"I'm sorry, I set my alarm clock a little late. How 'bout I get us both dinner tomorow."
"Apology accepted, now come on! Hurry up!"
I finish signing in and I walk to my assigned post for tonight. It just so happens to be right next to the new tiara we just got in yesterday.
Just then, I hear the window next to me open, and two men come in.
"Dude! Hurry up!" The man with the Orange hair says.
"I'm coming, now shut up before someone hears you!" Too late, I think.
Once they get inside, the one with black hair looks around and spots me.
"Hiro , let's go get the painting and get out of here."I snap to my senses and yell, "Stop thieves!" But they are already running away from me, so I run after them. As I get in arms reach of them, I trip and yell, closing my eyes and brace for the fall. It doesn't come, instead, the man with the black hair catches me. He smirks and sets me upright."Careful." And with that he continues after his friend, Hiro, and I just stand there like an idiot.