Begining of Something New

Mai's POV

"We have something to do." Boss says, early in the morning, must I say.

"Sleep?" Takuto asks, hopefully.

Boss glares at him. "No, we have another mission. The last one, actually. To retrieve their last masterpiece."

By 'they', he means Ranko and I's grandfathers.

"Really? The last one? Already?" Ranko asks, a little disappointed. I wonder if something with her and Kenshi is going on.

I squint my eyes at her, trying to see through her, but she keeps looking at Boss, expectantly.

"Well, yea. But you two are officially Black Foxes so you can still stay with us. If you want, I mean."

Once I realize what he said, a huge smile breaks out on my face.

"Really? You'll let us stay!" I say excitedly.

"If you guys want." He shrugs.

Me and Ranko glance at each other before shouting simultaneously.

"Yes!"

They all smile. "Good. Well, that's that. Well go tonight. You guys relax until then." We all break off, Riki and I going to his room.

He closes the door behind him and I sit on the bed, hanging my head.

"Nervous?" He asks me.

I shake my head. These feelings are starting to overwhelm me. How I can never think about anything but him. It's almost suffocating.

"Well, yeah. But not in a way you would understand." I give him a soft smile, and something about him changes. His eyes turn gentle for a change.

"I can't take this anymore." He says quietly, shaking his head.

I furrow my eyebrows. "What?"

He looks at me. "My feelings. For-for you. I've kept them bottled up for so long, I can't take it anymore. I think I love you Mai."

He walks over to me and actually kisses me. Riki, kisses me. Riki, the one who was rude to me, saved me, gave me these feelings, kisses me.

Well, this is the start of something new.